Chapter 17: We Are Not A Couple! Part 2

You and Mike carefully moved through the hallway. You two were the a freaking dynamic duo. You two worked so well together that you almost wished you liked Mike instead of Chris. Almost...

As much as you were angry with Chris, you liked him too much to stay mad at him forever. You couldn't say that you didn't know where he was coming from. Also, you didn't want to get involved with the Mike, Jess, Emily, and Matt love square. You guessed it was a love triangle now with Jess gone. You felt tears threaten to fall from your eyes at the thought. You weren't as close with Jess, but she was still your friend.

Mike shouted in warning as a Wendigo grabbed your leg through the cage. You silently cursed yourself for getting distracted and tried to shake your leg free. Mike ran over, grabbed your wooden plank, and hit the Wendigo's arm until it retreated back into the cage.

"My hero," you chuckled in an attempt to lighten the mood. "What ever can I do to repay you?"

"I'm voting on pizza if we get out of here," Mike jested in return, a grim tone hidden in the sentence.

"When."

"What?" Mike glances at you questioningly.

"When we get out of here. Don't think I'm letting anyone else die tonight. We're all getting out of here, so don't go doing some sacrificial shit on me, alright?" You had to make him promise. Mike was starting to become one of your close friends and you didn't want him to die, especially now that you've gotten attached.

"I'll try not too," Mike said in return, but you weren't having it.

"No!" Mike looked at you surprised. "No trying. No I might have to. No if it comes to it. No if it means this or that! None of it! I need you to promise me Mike!"

Mike sighed and responded, "Okay, I promise. But, you better be careful too, alright?"

You nodded weakly in return and Mike pulled you into a side hug. You stopped for only a second, before returning on your walk down the hallway.

"Now let's get you back to your boyfriend!" Mike said teasingly.

"My god! We are not a couple!"