Chapter 20: The Book

Sam just laughed and pulled you along. Mike was waiting for you both a few feet in front of you. When you were with them, it felt like things were back to normal. No Wendigos. No pranks. No death. Just fun and laughter. But things weren't normal.

You both joined Mike and continued your tread to find Josh. You were walking for a while, just talking and laughing. You reached a part of the mines that you had never been to before. You were faced with what was practically a pool in the middle of the freaking mines. You were about to get in when Mike stopped you.

"Whoa. What are you doing?"

"I'm getting in the water," you said, looking at him confused.

"Are you sure?" Sam asked, " Maybe there's another way."

"Listen," you said. "We don't have time for this and I don't see another way. My gut is telling me that this way is our best bet of finding Josh, so move your asses."

You practically jumped into the water. Sam and Mike reluctantly climbed in after you. You all treaded through the filthy water. It smelled really bad. You tried to breath through your mouth, but sometimes you just got a terrible whiff. It seemed like the mine pool didn't have a filter. You laughed silently at the thought.

You froze in the water when you saw a ledge. Sam and Mike kept going further, but you stopped them and pointed at the ledge. They both nodded and you all climbed out of the water. You started to walk around when you saw a book in the corner of your eyes.

"Hey guys," you said, picking up the book. "Look at this."

You read through the pages and dropped the book in horror. Mike tried to calm you down and asked you what was wrong, while Sam slowly picked up the book.

"That's Hannah's handwriting. She was down here and Beth died and-"

"Hannah ate Beth!" Sam finished for you. She dropped the book and Mike pulled you both into a hug.

"Hannah is one of them," you whispered. "Hannah's a Wendigo."

You heard screeching come from the distance. Mike grabbed you arm and Sam's. He dragged you both to the ledge again. "Guys," he practically whispered. "I get it. It's awful, but we're gonna get killed if we stay here any longer."

"He's right," Sam muttered as she climbed into the water. "If we want to get out of here, we need to find Josh now!"

You and Mike followed Sam's lead. You treaded through the water once more. You felt a chill run down your spine as if someone or something was watching you.