Questions For Mirage and Poultice

I pushed myself into a inside gym where Poultice and Mirage were practicing. They were using their powers and trying to control them.

Mirage reared on his hind legs and stretched out his paw to create an illusion. Before he could though he caught sight of me and he darted forward. "Starlight!"

"How are you Mirage," I asked trying to sound casual but I wasn't fooling Mirage or Poultice.

"I'm fine how are you," he asked as he took a step back, his eyes flickering in fear as he looked at Poultice.

"Yeah are you alright Starlight," asked Poultice as he tromped forward. He leaned forward about to touch me and project my thoughts into my mind but I drew back.

"Nice try Poultice but I don't think so," I snorted before I turned my head toward Logan. "I just need to ask you a few questions."

Mirage nodded and sat down but Poultice still seemed suspicious. "Have you had any water today," I asked as I leaned forward with my ears pricked.

He shook his head. "No should I have," murmured Mirage. "Are you sure you're feeling alright Starlight?"

"She's fine," Logan cut in as he strode forward. Mirage's fur spiked in fear. He was easily intimidated and Logan terrified him. He darted behind Starlight and peered past her a bit to Starlight. "However your friend Keen isn't."

"Keen," echoed Poultice as he darted forward, his eyes round. "What's wrong with him?"

I raised a paw to try and calm him down. "I think he drank some contaminated water and now I'm not sure if he's going to survive," I confessed. I tried not to be as blunt but I had a hard time softening any blow.

Poultice whimpered and hung his head. "I didn't drink any water." He then pricked his ears and tears showed in his eyes. "However we can check my room," he suggested as he tail lashed.

"I think that's a good idea," rasped Mirage as he kept his eyes downcast. "Bobby shouldn't be there right now since he's probably flirting with Rouge."

I saw Logan take in a breath of surprised anger and I realized how protective he could be. He had nearly taken over the role as father figure to Rouge. I also wasn't sure if he approved of Rouge's boyfriend choice.

"Lead the way Poultice," I offered as I waved my wing. I knew how hard this much be to hear that his friend was gravely ill. I thought that maybe offering him to lead the investigation of the water might make him feel like he was helping Keen.

I don't think it worked. Keen dragged himself forward, whimpering a bit to himself so I couldn't tell what he was saying. Mirage followed with his tail tucked between his legs. I sighed and looked at Logan.

"Don't make it worse," I whispered to Logan with narrowed eyes. My night was already off to an awful start and it was just my luck the Professor wasn't here.

"What did I do," asked Logan as he followed me from the gym.

"Just nothing," I muttered as I kinked my tail over my back. I didn't want to argue when a pup's life was in the balance. I thought that the days of fighting for our lives were over but I guess I was wrong.