Chapter 33

With prom season in full swing, the school was now a giggly couple place and it made me gag the minute I noticed fake roses around the school, petals over the floor and red heart balloons hanging from lockers. I made my way into the cafeteria and sat beside Stacey, groaning.

"Do you ever feel so disgusted you want to puke?" I asked.

She smirked. "Did Nate finally show you his miniature dick and you're questioning life?" She teased.

I glared at her, smacking her shoulder. "FYI that happened a while ago and no, the hallways look like a path of rainbows and love and it's disgusting," I said honestly.

She smiled. "You won't be saying that when Nate asks you,"

"He's my boyfriend, he's basically accustomed to asking me and I don't even want a sappy proposal," I whined. "He met my parents last night,"

She leaned her chin on her palm and smiled at me. "You're blushing, and thats a major sign that you're going to last. Did they love him?"

I shrugged. The topic of us lasting was hard. We had discussed it a few times. From the conclusion we found many times, was after graduation we were going our separate ways. It was hard to accept but it was hard to make it last with two different careers, universities, and lives.

She smiled at the person who approached us, the footsteps an obvious indicator.I glanced over my shoulder to see Nate approaching us. He slid beside me and placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek. I scrunched up my nose at him and wiped his saliva away.

"Elizabeth was just telling me how she finds these small proposals weak and that you can do so much better," Stacey said, smirking towards us.

I gaped at her. "I did not! I said they were disgusting and stupid and I don't want one," he raised an eyebrow at me. "Would you believe anyone over your girlfriend that you're totally in love with?"

He rose his hand to his cheek and stroked it as though he was really questioning it. I smacked his thigh softly and turned back to Stacey. He didn't deserve my attention.

"As I was saying, you should join Ella, Jayda, and I when we go looking for dresses?" I suggested.

"Really?!" She said excitedly.

I laughed. "Of course, they won't mind and I can so see you in rose gold, I want to help!" I said mirroring his excitement.

She squealed softly, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. I laughed softly and hugged her back. Ella and Jayda had mixed feelings towards Stacey and I may have made the wrong choice but she needed loyal friends.

---------------

"Are you being serious?" Nate whined as he leaned against the locker beside mine. "You don't want a proposal?"

I glared at him, pausing. "It's stupid. 'Aww look, everyone, he gave me roses and we're gonna spend hundreds on our outfits and dance then never speak again in our lives'" I mocked in a squeaky accent.

Nate laughed softly, his hands raking around my waist. I smiled as he leaned his chin on my shoulder and watched me. I continued to place my books in my locker where conveniently, no balloons were placed.

"Except that you're mine and after prom, we will speak all the time," he rambled.

I glanced down at him and shoved his hands off. "Fate?"

He sighed. "Elizabeth, just because we go our separate ways, that doesn't mean we can't call. I want to know how you're doing and I want to make sure you're safe. I love you and I will always love you no matter how far apart we are or how different our lives are,"