Chapter 34

Song of the chapter: Perfect by Ed Sheeran. Play during the moment when they get to the rooftop ;) and this is where I found the song so enjoy the video too ;)

—————
Prom was just like the spring dance. It was a huge event but didn't seem that special when we were there. I glanced at Nate who was dressed in his black suit and tie.  He smiled down at me, his wedding ring finger twisted with one of mine. I laughed softly at his choice to holding one finger.

Mom and Jillian both had their phones out taking pictures of us while Isaac took pictures with his date, Ella. I was happy he took some consideration and asked her to Prom knowing the lose of Archie was a tough thing for her.

I groaned through my smile, gripping Nates waist. "When will they stop?" I muttered.

He laughed softly. "Nate! Smile! You look like you have constipation," Jillian yelled. I giggled softly as he sighed beside me. "Okay look at each other," She finished.

I glanced up at Nate, raising an eyebrow playfully. He winked softly, a blush growing on my cheeks. "Smile," I whispered. "Why," he muttered.  I leaned up on my toes and pressed my lips to his ear. "If we get a nice picture we can stay at yours tonight, maybe reenact your birthday," I teased.

He instantly smirked, leaning down and placing his lips on mine. A blush grew on my cheeks but I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back softly. His lips moved against mine slowly with the same passion bursting in my body.

"Okay thats enough," Mom whined, grabbing my hand.

I let go of Nate with a chuckle, glancing at Isaac and Ella. Ella's parents were taking pictures while we did and Mom instantly went to take some of him too. I grinned when Jemma was released from Dads arms. She ran towards us but hit Nate instantly. He lifted her up with a smirk.

"She really does love me more," he mocked.

I sighed and sat on the sofa, watching Nate with my little sister. I smiled as he poked her stomach and had a normal conversation with her as if she was his daughter. His Mom sat beside me with a smile.

She leaned back against the sofa and glanced at me. "He will make a great father one day," I whispered, sadness taking over.

Although he had promised to marry me one day and that we would find our paths back to each other one day, I still had doubt. I didn't believe in fate much, I believed in the effort each person puts into finding each other.

"What if that child is not ours?" I whispered in fear.

His Mom sighed and wrapped her arms around my waist. "He cares for you so much Elizabeth. He wouldn't be fighting this hard to win you and your family over before you two head off on your future journeys. I know you'll be together," she said reassuringly.

I smiled at her. "How do you know Jillian?" I asked kindly.

She grinned and rubbed the material of my dress on my back. "You'll find out. You look perfect Elizabeth. So does your brother and his date," She commented.

I laughed softly. "I'm proud of him. He knew Ella was heartbroken about having no prom date and I secretly knew he liked her to some extent," I shrugged with a smile.

Nate whispered something final in Jemma's ear before placing her down. Jemma jumped onto my lap and played with the material of my maroon red dress. She held the silk and glanced up at me.