Chapter 25

I shut the door as Nate arrived around 4. He was slightly early but I didn't mind. I opened the passenger door and climbed inside, smiling towards him.

"Tell me where we are going," I ordered.

"You've been there plenty of times, thats all im saying," he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and relaxed in his seats.

---------------------------------

When Nate pulled into his own driveway, I glanced at the house confused. He put the car into park and climbed out. I watched him, catching a slight bit of muscle through his shirt. I bit my lip involuntarily and he smirked when he noticed.

I climbed out of the car and grabbed his extended hand. He slipped his fingers into mine and locked the Escalade, wrapping his arm around my shoulder with our fingers still connected. He locked the door and I glanced around when the smell of scented candles hit my nose.

He lead me into the living room where a small picnic setting was set up. I glanced at him, noticing a small smile on his face.

"Since this is a pre-date because I want to show you how bloody serious I am about you, I thought something simple in the comfort of my own home would be fine," he explained, glancing down at me. "I got inspiration from Troy Bolton and his bedroom picnic with Gabriella,"

I laughed lightly, squeezing his fingers. "Well, I think it's cute,"

He smiled a satisfied smile and motioned for me to sit down. I sat on the rug, grabbing one of the candles to smell.

It smelt like Roses, beautiful blossoming red roses.

Nate arrived back in no time and he sat on the rug with a jug of grape juice and strawberries covered in chocolate. I laughed softly. He really did get his inspiration from Troy Bolton.

"Do you expect us to sing the start of something new as well?" I asked, grabbing a strawberry.

He laughed. "If we sang that, it would imply we are going to have a future together," he said, pouring the red juice into champagne glasses.

I gaped at him, confusion on my face. "Umm, what?" I said, a smile breaking out on my lips.

"Troy and Gabriella fell in love and had a future together so if we sang that, we would too,"

I giggled softly, the chocolate melting in my mouth.

"You're delusional," I muttered, grabbing the glass he held out for me. "I actually wanted to ask why you would choose me? Of all people, how do you fall for a loser like me?" I asked.

Nate stayed silent for a second as he sipped the grape juice. He motioned for me to come over and I moved closer.

"Because I can't leave you alone. We have joked so many times about being insufferable but its like were inseparable," he explained.

I glanced down at my hands as my stomach erupted in butterflies. Nate got up from his position and plugged his phone into his speaker.

He put on some quiet but soothing romantic love songs that made me roll my eyes.

As he sat back down, I smiled, the silence calming. I pushed myself up from my seated position, sliding my legs on either side of Nate. He held my waist as I sat in his lap facing him. "I appreciate the effort, Nate, I really do,"

He smiled. "Do you know why I did it?" He asked.

I nodded. He leaned up, his lips near my ear. "Because I love you," he whispered, pulling back. "And I know I've said it plenty of times now and I don't expect you to say it back unless you want to but I'm serious,"