Chapter 22

Jake pulled up at Will's house, the party in full swing when it dawned on me that I forgot to tell Mom I would be home late. Jake glanced at me as I grabbed my phone, quickly texting Mom.

'Mom, I'll be home late. Im going to a party, we won the game! No alcohol, drugs, or sex. I promise. Love you'

"Do you have another rebound waiting?" He asked.

I laughed, sending the text to Mom. "You are the only rebound I need,"

"Good," He smirked.

I climbed out of his car and met with Jake on the other side. He slid his hand around my waist, his hand resting on the lower side of my waist and more towards my backside. I quickly stopped him before we went inside.

He looked at me confused until I reached up and wiped his lips with the back of my hand.

"Saliva and lip gloss don't match on you, im sorry," I teased.

He smirked, pulling me closer. "You wound me, baby!" He teased, his other hand on his heart. "I happened to think Saliva and lip gloss was flattering,"

"If you want to look like a drag queen then sure," I replied cheekily, leading him inside. "Your ego needed to be toned down,"

I winced as the bright flashing lights hit my eyes the minute we stepped inside. Loud music wounded my ears and the smell of strong alcohol, sweat and drugs infused my nose. When Stacey noticed me she waved enthusiastically.

I leaned up to Jake's ear. "I'll find you later,"

"You better," He whispered back, placing a harsh kiss against my neck.

I gasped at the sudden action, the force unnatural and it left an unsettling feeling in my stomach. I faked a smile and quickly left to find Stacey. She grasped my hand and pulled me into the crowd, her hips swaying.

She grasped my hands, twisting me around in the confined space. I chuckled, my hands in the air. My mind drifted from the cautious feeling I had around Jake to become relaxed. The last week had been tough but this is what I needed.

"What do you want to drink?" Stacey asked, yelling over the music.

"Surprise me," I muttered, following along as she dragged me into the kitchen.

I leaned against the counter, my eyes running over the various drinks and the line of drugs. I struggled to find a non-alcoholic brand and when Stacey handed me her concoction, I took a sip.

I groaned, the strong taste of sour alcohol running down my throat. "What is this?" I asked, wiping my mouth.

"Vodka. How are you feeling? Do you feel like you fit in with the guys?" She asked.

"They're cool. Thank you for helping me with my fucked up life," I said seriously.

She smiled, her arms wrapping around my shoulder. "You helped me a few months ago and it's nice not to be known as whorebrooks anymore so thanks," she said into my ear.

I smiled, squeezing her tightly in a mirror action of her affection. She pulled back, placing her cup on the counter. "One drink is enough for me or else whorebrooks will be coming out and that is not a good sight," She said, her nose scrunched up.

I laughed softly, finishing the last of the terrible drink. I watched as Stacey grabbed one of the player's hands, the players clearly visible being the only ones in the room with no shirts on and the words Winner painted over their toned torsos.

Stacey talked naturally with the guy, involving me occasionally but I enjoyed watched and seeing how much she had changed since we talked a few months ago. Sure she could still have fun and whorebrooks definitely wasn't extinguished but she was more responsible.