Chapter 26

GUYS IM COMING AT YOU WITH A TRAILER FOR INSEPARABLE!!! Ya'll ain't ready!!!
--------------
I pushed the door open, my new ring shining with the streetlights. I noticed the living room, kitchen and Isaac's room's lights on indicating that no one was asleep. It was only 9:30 pm. I pushed my coat off my shoulders, folding it as I walked into the living room.

Jemma sat in her pink Pajama's while Mom brushed her hair. I placed my folded coat on the spare seat, smiling towards Mom.

As I made my way into the kitchen, I stopped. "How was your date?"

"My what?" I snapped, glancing at her.

She chuckled, motioning for me to come sit with them. I sat beside Mom, waiting for whatever she was assuming.

"Isaac said you got a spontaneous visitor and judging by how late you got home and the cologne I could smell the minute you walked in, I could tell you were with Nate," She said.

I leaned back into the couch, my fingers twisting the new ring on my finger. It felt like weird having a ring on my wedding ring finger but I would get used to it. She glanced down, her eyebrows raised.

"It's a birthday present Mom and I had fun," I said simply, standing.

She grabbed my wrist, pulling me back down.

"Details Elizabeth,"

"It wasn't the first date as such. He said he wanted to do a pre-first date to clear the air. We talked and played pool then he made dinner and we talked some more,"I explained, shrugging.

"You sound disappointed?" Mom asked.

I chuckled. "I'm far from disappointed. It was amazing,"

"Has he hinted for another?" She asked, her eyebrows wiggling towards me.

I thought about it for a second, realizing he hadn't. I sighed, shaking my head. Mom chuckled, patting my shoulder.

"Well, he did call it a pre-first date right? That indicates another?" She said.

"Maybe I should've asked him," I said, my mind overthinking the situation.

Maybe I should've told him how I actually feel. He meant so much more to me than a simple 'I like you'. After a few weeks without him in my life, I realized it but I couldn't find the courage to ask him.

-----------------

I swung the corner, grabbing Ella's waist as she looked in her locker. She jumped, holding her chest which made me laugh. "Elizabeth! You scared the shit out of me," She snapped, hitting my arm lightly.

I laughed more, holding my waist as my stomach ached.

"I need your advice," I asked.

"Love advice?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes Miss 'I have a boyfriend',"

She laughed softly, closing her locker. "Ask away my first patient,"

"Should I really be trusting someone if I'm the first patient? Where're the reviews?" I teased.

She linked her arm in mine, her text book in the other. She lead me down the hallway and into the courtyard, obviously heading for the library for our study period. I walked alongside her, the warmth of the sun shining on us.

"For the record, I gave Jayda advice a few weeks ago and she's dating Grayson now,"

"What! Why didn't you guys tell me ASAP! Thats great news," I said, feeling slightly gutted that I was the last to find out.