Chapter 8

quick note: Like and comment! I would love to know what you think! More feedback will help make this story better :)

---------------------

Chapter 8//

I finally managed to squeeze in a few hours of sleep despite ditching the rest of my classes for the day. I woke at 3 pm surrounded by legs and arms from Ella and Jayda. I chuckled, pushing Ella's arm off of my waist.

We weren't really best friends until we sleep together and from this experience that was filled with squashed limbs and snoring, I wouldn't volunteer to sleep with them again. I sat up, smacking both their arms in sync.

Jayda woke ferociously, ready to fight with whoever slapped her but Ella stayed asleep. "We have to be at school by 4 so get your asses up and let's go!" I encouraged, pushing myself out from between them.

Ella groaned, her eyes still closed. "Do we have to go? I would rather get some sleep tonight,"

"Ells, it's a senior event and besides think about all that extra time you can spend with Archie," I said with a small tune in my voice as I said Archie.

"Fine," She snapped quickly at the mention of Archie.

I rolled my eyes, holding the sleeves of the oversized sweatshirt in my hands to keep them warm. My phone buzzed in my pocket but I ignored it, making my way to the bathroom. I washed my face to wipe away the running mascara and the sleep in my eyes.

Once Ella and Jayda changed, we grabbed some money and snacks to prepare us for the long night ahead then piled into my car. My black Audi A1 smelt like a wet dog from my ride here but the car was old and cheap so it didn't matter.

We drove to school with the radio on, Ella belting out the words to Halsey's 'Now or Never' in the backseat. I smirked, Jayda joining in. We stopped at a set of lights and I glanced at them a smile on my face.

"Baby gon' love me now, now, now, now, now, now, " Ella sang.

"Now or never!" I screamed back, Jayda and Ella chuckling.

We pulled into school shortly after, many of the cars in the carpark had disappeared. I doubted many people would want to come to this sleep out event but I thought it was a fun thing to do. Movies with our seniors, food, gossip sessions.

Ms. Clark the principal event promised water balloons and whipped cream. How could anyone miss this? I pulled into a parking spot close to school next to Archies familiar car, no sign of the Escalade Nate owned.

My heart dropped at that. I wanted to see him and apologize and give his sweat-shirt back yet he probably gave up on coming. We quickly walked into the hall, locking my car on the way. I shivered at the coldness when I took the sweatshirt off and placed it in my locker.

"I don't understand why you were wearing Nate's sweatshirt though?" Jayda asked, leaning against the lockers.

"Because it was cold and no one came to school today so I tried to sleep in the library and so did he," I explained for the hundredth time.

Jayda shrugged, glancing at Ella behind me back. I looked over my shoulder at them and they sent me a small smile. "What?"

"Nothing. If he makes you happy that's your choice," Ella responded quickly, smiling towards Jayda and I caught her giving her a small nod.

Jayda nodded, a smile rising on her face. What the hell had they been discussing the last few days without me and why were they acting so weird when I mentioned Nate. It's not like we were dating. I couldn't stand him and that would never happen.