Chapter 15

Nates POV

By lunch, I had arrived back at school and signed in. My excuse wasn't enough to keep me away from Elizabeth. I was the first to arrive and I had time to buy a better lunch than the shit the school supplied.

I noticed Isaac and Archie swan in through the crowds and they instantly made their way to our table without a second thought towards avoiding the cafeteria food. Isaac sat beside me, holding his head instantly.

"Remind me never to attend your parties again. I can still feel the alcohol in my veins," He muttered.

"The party was two days ago," Archie said with a smirk.

Isaac glared at him. "I got alcohol poisoning you idiot. That's totally different from a hangover,"

"Are they picking on you? Do you need me to punch them for you?" Elizabeth said as she arrived with Ella and Jayda. She wrapped her arms around Isaac's neck and ruffled his hair.

"Please do," He muttered quietly.

She smirked. "Okay,"

She then reached out and punched Archie in the arm. He groaned. I glared at her as her eyes set on me. She made her way to my side of the table, her hands ready.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you,"

"Why? Will your figurative freshman girlfriend come save you?" She teased.

I shrugged. She was right. She then hit my arm and it wasn't as bad as I thought although she looked extremely proud. I faked my emotion to make it look like she hurt me and her smile rose.

She sat beside me despite wanting to hurt me. I watched as she dug into her bag and pulled out a plain sandwich. Before the rest of the group saw, I slid a gourmet sandwich into her lap that I brought.

She glanced at me. "I must've brought an extra by accident," I defended playfully.

I watched as she smirked, her body shuffling closer discreetly. "Admit it, you're spoiling me," She whispered.

"Why would I do that? You're insufferable," I whispered back, a playful smile on my face.

Her mouth dropped open and she looked adorable. I smirked, catching her eye. Her blue eyes sparkled and I could see my reflection perfectly like her eyes were as blue as a fresh water river.

I quickly moved my index finger, grasping her chin. I pushed it back so her mouth was normal and she crossed her arms, a pout taking over her lips.

"You stole my phrase,"

"I haven't heard it in a while. Does that mean you're starting to like me?" I mumbled quietly.

"In your dreams Nathaniel," She snapped with a smirk on her face.

We both glanced up as Archie watched us intently. He quickly snapped his head away and stood from his seat. I had no clue what the hell he was doing for once in my life. He stood on the table, pulling a bunch of roses and a small box from his bag as he did.

"Can I have everyone's attention please?" He yelled.

Elizabeth only smirked towards Ella and Jayda. Ella looked shocked, a blush rising on her cheeks.

"I wanted to do this publically because I want you all to know that I have feelings for Ella. You are such an amazing girl and I wanted to know two things. First, will you go to the spring dance with me?" He asked confidently.

She looked like she was about to cry. She nodded, chuckling softly as he handed her the bunch of roses.

"Second, I know this is delayed and all you fuckers keep sending me dumbfounded glares in the hall, especially these idiots I spend 80% of my time with. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, a proud smirk on his face.