Plot twist

They were finally on the train. Giorgia, Alessia, Crawford and Christian were in the last part of the train. While Simone, Madison, Josh and Brent were in the center of it, but divided for couples and all in a different carriage.

Simone glared out of the window looking at the green landscape, remembering that somewhere, there was a red wood, where she met Love and where she found who supposed to be her best friend. Josh, by his side glared at her thinking why the hell she wanted him to go with her instead of her ex lover, her male best friend or Love. He reminded himself the first time he ever saw Matt. The first time he saw her happy again after breaking her heart. The flashback appeared in his mind like a lightning in a clear sky.
He was there, try to ask her sorry for his actions, until he saw Madison. She glared at him with disgust.
What are you doing here? she spat.
Maddie, let me explain
No! Explain What? I don't want to see you near here again, stay away from me and my family and especially stay away from Simo!
But-
Nothing! Go away from here!
Then Simo opened the door and asked:
《 Maddie, why are you yelling?
Then she saw him.
《 Oh 》
Simone, let me explain.
Go, explain
《 I'm so sorry, i shoudn't have act like i did.
No, you shoudn't but i'm not going to forgive you
Yeah, i knew it, now explain your actions, i am waiting.
I-i don-
In that moment a light wind moved their hair and he started to feel cold.
A tree of cherries lost his falls, and a handsome man jumped off from his horse. He looked like a model. Black hair, white skin, full pink lips, a sculpted body and face, and his eyes were of the same color of the falls in autumn. Simone ran to hug him and he smiled like he was finally home. He had white perfect teeth, his smile was perfect too. He glared at him and his glare was still impressed in Josh's mind. She smiled too, she was really happy to see him. And in that moment he realized, that that guy was going to be more than just a friend for her.

The flashback was over and he saw she was looking at him.
What are you thinking about? she asked him.
Oh nothing, i was just remembering something. Can i ask you a question?
Sure
Do you love him? I mean Matt
I don't know what the feeling of loving someone like literally giving my life for someone is, i will do it for my sister, you see, but it's a different type of feeling. Is a different 'I love you', you get what i mean?
Yes, i get it. I want to ask you a question.
What is it?
From the first September, i've been asking myself how you met Deidra. When she said she heard talking about you and Madison, i knew she was lying. I could feel she knew you.
The story is pretty long since it started 500 years ago. But the story of Cupid and Katana, you will know another day. The first time i met Deidra was weird, she was in the woods just in front of my house. Dhe was bleeding. I usually didn't care about victims since i, myself, killed a lot of them. But, there was something different, leaving her there just didn't feel right. She was risking to die. Her body was shaking but her eyes were closed. I tried to warm her up, but nothing. Her heart was broken. She was living this world, so i did the only thing i could. I took one of my arrows and stabbed it in her heart. In that moment, she gasped opening her eyes, she sat down and glared at me as i whispered: 'Katana', i've seen her in my magical books and she looked just the same and she said 'Cupid', so she probably did the same thing, i took the arrow away and she hugged me, thanking me for saving her life. From then, i've always helped her.
Were Cupid and Katana friends? I mean were you and Deidra friends 500 years ago?
Are you kidding? We were best friends!
Really?!
《 Yeah, but what about you and her? I mean i know you loved her once. How did you meet her?
Oh, that's a really nice story. I was walking, a night, under a sky full of stars and next to a small lake i saw her layed on the grass. She was smiling counting the stars, i fell in love in that exact moment. I asked if everything was okay, and she jumped asking me my name, and i told her, we talked until the first lights of the dawn. I felt like i knew her from forever, then we started to hang out, i was so in love with her. Her laugh, her smile, her kisses, i loved all her flaws and all the good things about her. I loved her for her, i don't think i ever loved anyone like this. I literally gave my life for let her live hers. I don't think there's a bigger love than giving your life for the other person. But the cost of it was high, i could never love her like i did but she will always have a special place in my heart