Fourth Chapter

Location: The residence of Valery Strazio

Address: 220 20th Street South, Arlington, VA, 22240

Date: 8/27/2013

Time: 11:50 p.m.

Hours went by. Mark, Malachi and Jaz were supporting Valery mentally. Jaz and Mark would cry right alongside Valery. Malachi soon ran out of words when they went back to Valery's. He tried his best at consoling her, but emotional support was not his strong suit. His best friend was having a nervous breakdown. So, he stood close by with his arms crossed, trying his best. He thought being physically present was good enough; to Valery it was.

Around 10 p.m. they started drinking heavily. After the kindness of Grey Goose, Jack Daniels, and Captain Morgan wrapped around them, the uncontrollable sobbing had stopped.

They were in Valery's living room. The curtains were up; a miniature White House could be seen through the windows. Valery was gazing out of the window when she said, "We can find him." Her friends said nothing. She turned around to face them; they were lounging on the couches. "We can solve this," she continued.

Mark asked, "How, Val? How?" As the conversation progressed, the liquor's effect had regressed.

"We go back to the morgue," said Valery.

"And do what? Y'all got kicked out before," Mark said, attempting to be the voice of reason.

"We can just print off a warrant online. They would never know the difference." Valery was looking at Malachi.

"Oh, fuck," responded Malachi putting his head down. "You're serious, aren't you?"

"I'm game," smiled Jasmine. "Let's do some illegal shit tonight."

"So, how are we going to solve the murder in one night?"

"I swear to everybody. These are injuries I have seen before," Jasmine became more animated as she talked. "I have been in my field for nearly a decade. And every so often I see a young girl who has been raped, Tasered, and has a bullet to the head. So, whoever killed our Shelby has probably done this before."

Mark shook his head. "That doesn't answer his question."

"You want to know what I think?" asked Jasmine.

"I really don't," sighed Malachi, sipping his whiskey.

"That a cop did it."

Mark was getting irritated. "Oh my God!"

"No, seriously. Think about it. Who the hell else would be carrying a stun gun and a loaded weapon, simultaneously?"

"Anyone," replied Malachi.

"We should go tonight," Valery said, somberly. "I'm serious. Like right now."

"Girl, it's easy to fake a warrant. Plus, I have a badge. And I have my Navy SEAL husband to back me up. Bitch, we're in."

Malachi looked confused. "Who in hell told your crazy ass I was going along?"

Jasmine walked over to Valery's computer. "Fine. It can just be her and me. I'm about to print this fake ass warrant up in like 2 seconds."

Mark stood up. "Okay, we are drunk and not in our right minds."

"The police do have a fucked-up history in Virginia, bro," Malachi said.

"So what are we going to do; jump and become vigilantes?"

Jasmine swung her arms in the air. "Why the fuck not?"