Eighth Chapter

Location: Unknown

Address: Unknown

Date: Unknown

Time: Unknown

Valery was in a boardroom with some of the wealthiest people on the planet. The Board wanted to talk with her privately, but she insisted that Jasmine and Jessica be by her side. She told The Board that they were her sidekicks.

She thought to herself, "I thought my office was pretty boring. As much money these people have, you would think this place would be a bit more decorative."

On both sides of Valery were her sidekicks. Across from them, from left to right, were Elizabeth Holmes, Laurene Powell Jobs, Maria Aramburuzabala, George Soros, Mark Zuckerberg, and Jack Dorsey.

As everyone was taking their seats, Valery asked, "Where do we start from here? Who am I taking out first?"

Jack responded with a smile. "Oh, wow, she's eager! How are we sure this is the person most suitable for this job? I mean, I was expecting Sarah Connor from Terminator. Maybe even a little Ronda Rousey, or something."

"Well, my apologies for disappointing you."

"Ooh, kitty got fangs."

Elizabeth said, "That's Jack. He's a dick. Ignore him."

"I will, gladly," said Valery.

George Soros wanted to get back on subject. "We do have a name. Actually, a whole list full of people. But we are going to start you off slow. What methods would you use? I only ask because you aren't military, necessarily."

"I am a weapons developer; I have made instruments of death the world has never even seen before. I have developed tactics around this technology that have been tested with satisfactory results." She pointed to Jasmine. "Her husband can attest to that. Despite that, some of these devices that I have developed, they were never brought to the light of day because they have been deemed too sadistic by my agency, DARPA. Therefore, the CIA and FBI could never trace me, because I have unknown tactics."

"Interesting," said George. "I say we start her off with someone easy. Well, what we classified as a low-risk mission. Governor Chris Christie. You know him?"

"Before I begin these endeavors, I will have to build more of these tools. It wouldn't be wise to take the ones in the storage unit at DARPA. So, I'll have to rebuild them from scratch. And these materials aren't cheap."

"We will completely finance you," said Elizabeth. "Whatever you need; the bill is on us."

"Does anyone here own an electronics manufacturing company?"

Laurene Powell Jobs flinched at the question. "Do you not know who you are talking to? I own 38.5m shares of Apple."

The wealthy people burst into laughter. Jasmine gave Valery the side eye. She couldn't believe her friend would ask something so stupid.

* * *

Location: Foxconn Technology Group- China Headquarters

Address: #2, 2nd Donghuan Road, 10th Yousong Industrial District, Longhua, Bao'an, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, 518109

Date: 1/6/2014

Time: 11:00 a.m.

Valery had gone overseas, and gladly so. Getting out of Arlington was a fresh breath of air. The Chinese she minored in was coming back to her. The locals were pleasant to her; very polite and forgiving of her broken grammar. She spent the first few days sightseeing, but this was no vacation. She would be building and testing her equipment here. It was best for her to build in a foreign land, away from America, who's law enforcement would connect her activities with the devious actions that would follow.