Fifteenth Chapter

Location: Detroit Board of Education

Address: 3011 West Grand Avenue. #6, Detroit, MI, 48202

Date: 10/8/2014

Time: 12:05 p.m.

There was no money left for the schools; they were horrifically underfunded. Education in Detroit was like a land that time forgot; left with only archaic textbooks and scarce supplies. The teachers were barely making above minimum wage, and they were being forced to teach in tightly packed classrooms. It's almost like society didn't care about the 48,000 children that needed a proper education.

Darnell Earley cared about those kids; it was his job to care. He was the Emergency Financial Manager of Detroit, Michigan. The city was in a crisis; an uphill battle that Detroit had been on the losing side for years.

 The city was in a crisis; an uphill battle that Detroit had been on the losing side for years

He was in a conference with the school board with a smile on his face. He trying to show some confidence. It was part of his battle strategy. That smile won the Governor over; half of the reason why he appointed Darnell.

The meeting was close to being wrapped up. Darnell couldn't help bringing up the recent events that had been spreading through the news channels. "Did you guys see what happened on the news in Brooklyn and Chicago?" There was a mix of groans and laughter.

"Are you talking about all that money falling from the sky?"

"I thought that was a joke when I first heard it!"

"They say that was the money stolen from Wall Street."

"Of course, that's the money from Wall Street. Where else would you get that sort of money?"

"They say it was that hacker group, Anonymous."

"We shouldn't be going off topic."

That renowned smile appeared on Darnell's face. "I think those are blessings."

"Stolen money? That's a blessing?"

He was a religious man; an ordained Baptist deacon. He aimed to put more of God into politics. Not the God of judgment, but the God of charity. "Eye witnesses say $100 bills were just floating on down like snowflakes. This only happened in poor communities. Communities with little job growth."

"It was stolen money."

"They say the government is going to make people return that money."

"Oh, come on It's like Robin Hood."

"This was an act of terrorism."

"Helping the poor is terrorism?"

He felt the minister coming out in him. "It's nothing but Jesus. What could motivate a human being to steal from the richest people on the planet and give it to the people who have been neglected? To the people who have been downtrodden, and people who needed their prayers to be answered? I think that whoever this is may have a spot waiting for them in God's kingdom."