Epilogue

Location: Café El Escorial

Address: 317 Mercaderes, La Habana, Havana, Cuba

Date: 6/10/2017

Time: 3:56 p.m.

He was an unwelcomed guest. But that didn't deter Edward Snowden from achieving his goal; to have a coffee with the two most wanted people on the planet. He approached the café unarmed; he didn't want to be seen as a threat. Hopefully, these people would take it as a sign of congeniality, instead of weakness.

 Hopefully, these people would take it as a sign of congeniality, instead of weakness

The sun was bright, but a slight breeze cooled the air. He ordered his drink from the barista, a Café Cubano with two sugars. He turned around to take a seat at a table and he noticed that Malachi White was glancing in his direction. Edward assumed that he had been discovered, so he approached with a smile and waved his hand.

"Hello, Mr. White," started Snowden.

"Aren't you a brave soul?" said Malachi. "You should have brought a weapon."

"I wanted to come in peace."

"Is that supposed to be a disguise?" asked Malachi.

Edward Snowden was wearing big framed sunglasses with a straw fedora. "I guess I am wearing a disguise, although I don't really need it, since I have been granted asylum in Cuba for a short time. I just don't like the attention. But then, here are you, out in the open. No disguise."

"My disguise is a little more up to date," responded Malachi.

"We noticed that. None of our cameras can get a clear shot of you."

Malachi rubbed his forehead in frustration. "Okay, who the hell is 'we'."

Edward just let his words fly out. "We have been tracking your affiliation with the organization. We have documents about the roll you played."

Malachi had to stop him there. "Edward, you have a pistol pointed at you from across the room. The lady behind that gun is extremely short tempered. She could shoot you here and now without any repercussions, and trust me, a crowd of people would not deter her. So, whatever you are about to inquire you better do it fast. Your life is counting on it."

Edward became nervous; he chose his words wisely. "I will start from the beginning."

* * *

Location: Prime Minister's Office

Address: 10 Downing St, London, SW1A 2AA, United Kingdom

Date: 6/10/2017

Time: 8:07 p.m.

A rifle was being pointed at the bloody face of Theresa May. She barely could process what was going on. Her consciousness was slowly coming back. She heard people calling out in the distance. She lifted her head, and the realization of her current situation had come back. Parliament was under attack. There was an explosion. Gunfire followed.

The Prime Minister lifted her head. On her right side was an infamous Arlington Anomaly laid on the ground, dead. In its hand was a rifle with a finger still on the trigger. She began to focus more as a sweep of gunfire struck above her. Agents of the Specialist Protection Command were fighting back, for their Prime Minister and for their country.

Theresa May had three bullet holes in her upper back, but those were non-lethal inflictions. She managed to crawl towards the door, where agents were giving cover fire.

The door was shut behind them.

* * *

"I have seen enough," said Malachi. He looked away from the iPad in Edward's hands. On the screen was the video feed from the attack on Parliament.

"They will not stop," said Edward. "Soros was just a small part..."

"I am no longer interested in saving the world. And neither is she."

"Okay, I accept that," Edward turned to the side as if he were about to walk away. "One more thing."

"It better be good, or else I could make one gesture and she would gladly put a bullet in your back.

"I think that you would want to see it for yourself." Edward played another video on his iPad. It revealed the blurred figure of a person with a missing arm. This figure was among a flock of terrorists, wearing the Arlington Anomaly attire. The figure became clear to Malachi and Edward said, "This character here, we know that she is the captain, and is somehow in control of the Anomalies. My sources have confirmed that this figure here is indeed your ex-wife, Jasmine White."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The full physical edition is available at your local Barnes and Noble and Amazon.