Twenty-Second Chapter

Location: Verizon Center Sports Arena

Address: 601 F Street Northwest, Washington D.C., 20004

Date: 2/16/2016

Time: 9:00 p.m.

The fall of an empire was imminent. It was in the hearts of these soldiers. These soldiers who were farmers, blue-collar workers, technicians, college students, the unemployed, and the retired. America in the thousands; well over 18,000 soldiers, in fact. Without power invested in the internet, television, or radio, the power through word-of-mouth united them all.

Several organizations stemming from the West Coast joined together to create a united militia. Members of the American Resistance Movement joined forces with the Southern Sons of Liberty, who worked hand-in-hand with the Virginia Militia, who were associated with the Keystone Freedom Fighters. In that room, also were the Sons of Liberty, Empire State Militia, 11th Field Force, and the Bloodville Volunteers from New York. The New Jersey Militia and the New Jersey Guardian Angels were also present. Together they were an army, armed and ready. These 18,000 people were all led by Malachi.

He was in the center of the arena, standing on a podium. The audience were amazed; they hadn't seen an electric light in days. It almost made Malachi seem king-like. "My fellow Americans. The time has come to take back what is ours." The infamous smiley face, commonly shown on the visors on the helmets of the Arlington Anomalies, grimaced on the now defunct jumbotron, graffitied by UAVs as a sick reminder of the country's former glory. The crowd cheered, together as one, forming the roar of an enraged beast.

"We have to protect our freedom. It is our duty as citizens, under this constitution, to annihilate a government that oppresses its people. We will cleanse this system and re-establish a country that caters to its people and not just the wealthy and powerful."

The roar of the crowd vibrated through Valery. She knew that was the sound of rebellion; anarchy had a soul. There were people who were willing to die for change in the country. She pitied them. Furthermore, she felt a sense of responsibility for them. Through her actions, she helped place them there, and these people were unaware of her existence. She hid in plain sight in the middle of the crowd. Malachi couldn't see her, but he didn't need to. He knew that she would be there.

Every soldier had 3D printed weapons on their person, consisting of a combat knife, a Magnum-styled handgun, and an assault rifle. All thanks to an organization called Defense Distributed. They assisted in the manufacturing of the weapons months in advance.

These soldiers were also equipped with essentials like med-kits for the wounded, binoculars, and water. They didn't have any armor provided for them. There was a mixture of people with bulletproof attire, but they were in the minority. Most people were wearing everyday clothing or gym clothes. Some people wore army fatigues; either way, it was not enough protection.

Malachi was finishing up his speech; Jasmine could see the leader in him. Not just a leader for her and their family; but a leader for the country. He was her husband, her everything, her reason to be crazy. After it all was over, and the tides of power and victory were on their side, she would renew her vows with him. But for now, all his attention was dedicated to the resistance.

"My people," said Malachi, to a room filled with various colors. Colors that didn't match him or his wife's skin. But it wasn't about skin color, or the different views on religion, or one's background. Today, they were all Americans. "The fight starts now."

By the hundreds, in single files, the militia moved onward, outside of the arena. Valery, on the other hand, had different plans. She was heading towards the control center where Maria Aramburuzabala was. Her only backup was Agatha.