*Chapter 28*

I gulped as I woke up from the deep slumber that felt like forever. I groaned and winced at the pain in my throat. I bit my lip as I opened my eyes all the way. A bright white light went threw my eyes and I closed them back again. As I got the feeling back in my body, pain shot through my shoulder. The pain was so unbearable that I started screaming.

"Shay? Are you woke? I'll get the doctor!" Someone said and rubbed my arm in comfort. I heard their footsteps run out of the room and the door slam from behind them.

My eyes were still closed and the pain started throbbing in my shoulder. Tears started to run down my face as I continued to scream in pain, even though my throat was killing me. The bullet wound was more important at the moment.

The sound of the door opening made me open my eyes, but it didn't stop my from screaming.

I saw a doctor, a nurse I believe, my mom, dad, and Justin walk into the room.

"Shay, my baby!" My mom sobbed into my dad's neck. "What's wrong with her?" She shouted at the man in the blue scrubs. He ignored her and placed a hand on my arm, right below my shoulder. He turned to the other woman and motioned for her to come closer. At this time I stopped screaming but still winced at the pain in my shoulder.

"Give her the shot." Give me what? Shots was not my thing. There was nothing more frightening than seeing a long needle go through my skin. Well, there was that time when Jason killed Steven and Daniel- but let's not get into that.

I let out an embarrassing groan as the nurse stuck the needle in the opposite arm the wound was in. I turned away so I wouldn't see it and saw Justin beside me. He was standing over me with a worried expression on his face. I tried to smile at him to take my mind off the shot. It came out as a weak smile, but it didn't matter to him. He squeezed my hand and his other hand ran along my face.

A few minutes after I received the shot, the pain in my shoulder was easing away. I let out a sigh of happiness that I didn't have to go threw that hell again.

"Shay sweetie, are you feeling alright?" My mom asked as she walked up to my bed. My dad was behind her and I could clearly see that the both of them had been crying. It honestly broke my heart. They probably thought that this would never happen to me, but it did. They can't always believe in good fate.

I shook my head, "No." Everything was just so overwhelming. From being kidnapped, to loosing my best friend, seeing two people get murdered and getting shot in the shoulder, it was an emotional journey. I didn't even get to properly cry yet.

I saw her blink rapidly and her hand made its way over her mouth. Tears streamed down her face. My dad sighed and looked at me. "Justin told us what happened."

Justin was on the other side of me and holding my hand. He looked at my sympathetically. "They were so worried about you. Jason and I brought you here. I called them while the nurses rushed you to a room. When I came back, Jason was gone. The doctor said you needed surgery because a piece of the bullet was still inside of you, and it punctured a vein."

"But you were sleep the whole time," my dad explained. "You were sleep for three days straight. We were all worried that you weren't gonna wake up for a while. But it's a blessing that you did." He smiled lightly, but it soon faded when he asked the next question.

"Why the hell were you hanging around this Jason kid?"

My heart pounded against my chest. He glared at me, waiting for a answer. I thought my dad liked Jason?! He approved of him that night we had that early Christmas dinner. I honestly didn't know what to say. Mom stopped her crying and focused her attention to dad.