*Chapter 1*

Shay Bourne

"Get up Shay! This is the last time I'm telling you!" I groaned and got out of bed from the blaring wake up call known as my amazing mother.

"Open this goddam door! Now!" I walked lazily to my room door and opened it. My mom stormed into my room, I think because my eyes were still halfway closed.

"Why was your door locked?! Shay, I have told you a thousand times not to lock your door. You never know what could happen, like-" I cut her off before she could go on any more,"Yeah, yeah, I know. Anything could happen, like there could be a fire and while I'm sleeping and my door is locked and no one can get to me. Yeah I know, so please stop yelling."

I ran into the bathroom before she could say anything else.

My mom is always yelling at me about simple stuff. Once I made a mistake and put a fork in the microwave and before I could start the microwave, she came running over yelling at me saying: "Shay no! Do not, forever in your life, put a utensil in the microwave! It could blow up the house!"

I rolled my eyes at the memory and finished my shower. After I straightened my hair, I put on an outfit. I put on a blue polo shirt with with skinny jeans and a black leather jacket.

I went downstairs and grabbed an apple. I wasn't really hungry, and good thing my mom wasn't downstairs. She would yell at me for not eating a whole meal for breakfast. I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door.

I ran outside to my car and drove to school.

~~

"Hey Jess." I sat down by my best friend Jessica in homeroom. We have been friends since 6th grade, when we both meet here at this school. She's insane and the life of the party. I don't know what I'd do without her, seriously.

"Hey Shay, guess what today is!" I furrowed my eyebrows together. "What day?" I was beyond confused.

"Oh my god! Today is the day that new kid comes! Duh! You are so forgetful!" Jess rolled her eyes at me and turned back to her phone, she was texting someone by the way her fingers were moving furiously across the screen.

"Oh." Was all I could say. I wasn't really excited. The principal told us that a new student was coming to our school after Thanksgiving break. And today is the day. He/She must be important because the principal made us have an assembly about how to treat him/her. I don't know what else the principal said cause I wasn't really paying attention. It wasn't like the person was a celebrity, becasue if he or she was, I would have been paying atention.

All the girls in homeroom was chatting loudly hoping it was a boy. The boys in the class was annoyed by the girls cause they weren't paying attention to them. The boys at this school is so snobby and stuck-up, but most of the girls at this school are too. Fun right? Not.

That's why I wasn't really excited about this new student thing. Because he/she would end up like them.

Walking in the classroom was none other than Justin himself. He was once the new kid at our school last year but he became one of them. He was a smart, shy, nice guy but he let popularity get to him and he completely changed. He and I was once best friends.

But that's over. I still think about the days we were close friends. A the thought about liking him always slipped in my mind.

I guess I was starting at him while I was 'daydreaming' because he smirked and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Oh my god! Shay! Destiny just text me and say that the new student is a boy! And he's hot!" Jess practically screamed in my ear. Most of the girls heard and ran to our desk.

"Oh my god, oh my god, what does he look like?" One girl, Bianca said. "Is he in our grade? Oh my god!" Alyssa said. Can they go one whole day without saying 'oh my god'? Damn.

"Hold on, I gotta ask Destiny!" Jessica told them excitedly. I rolled my eyes for the thousandth time today and walked up to the front of the class because all those girls who were standing over me. I was feeling very claustrophobic.

Justin walked over to me and smirked, "What's the matter? Afraid that you're not attractive enough for the new boy?" What the hell!?

"No, There was just too many people standing over me. Plus I don't care about the new kid." Justin made a bored face and walked away.

"Whatever." I heard him mumble.

I ignored him and looked around the room, where the hell is the teacher? I took a led pencil out of my bag and started tapping on the desk, waiting impatiently.

Just then the door opened and the teacher, Mr. Jackson walked in with the principal. Behind them was a boy about taller than me, brown hair, brown eyes with a dark blue shirt under a black leather jacket with black pants and high top shoes.

I think this was the new boy.