Bonus Chapter + Next Book

Walking down the long road I pushed my arms inside of my hoodie and flicked the hood on my head. It was starting to rain so I quickened my pace towards the two story house that was coming in my view.

As I reached the concrete driveway, I noticed her sitting outside on the porch in a swing. She smiled when she noticed me walking towards her.

"Jason, what are doing out in the rain?" She sqeaked and dropped her book down on the swing. I shrugged my shoulders and walked up the mini steps to get on the porch and under the shade. She patted the seat next to her so I could squeeze in with her on the small swing. "I was just out on a walk, thinking and somehow I ended up here." I grinned as I poked her in the stomach.

She giggled and grabbed my finger to stop me from poking her again. The rain started to come down even harder, making it white everywhere in sight. "Well, you might as well stay here until it clears up." She grinned at me.

While we watched the rain out on the swing, we talked about ourselves. She told me about her past, which was nothing to interesting except for when she used to get in trouble with her cousins. I told her about mine.

"Alex was always there for me. As much as I miss my parents, I miss Alex more because he was in my life more. My parents didn't really care for us, at least that's what Alex told me. They died from a car accident when I was four. I don't really remember much." I shrugged my shoulders. I looked to the front, watching the rain slowly stop. I could feel Shay's eyes on me. She was listening and taking in every word I was saying.

"Alex thought it would be a great idea if I joined his gang once. I thought he was fucking sick in the head. Turning out what happened, I was like 'Well shit, I have no choice now.' After he died I was out for vengeance and revenge. Nothing was gonna stop me. I saw nothing but blood red."

We talked for a while more until the rain came to a complete stop.

I got up from the swing and grabbed her hand, pulling her with me. She looked at me confused for a moment but got up anyway.

"I have to show you something." She nodded and I carefully walked us off the steps and unto the wet earth and pavement.

Walking through Main Street, I pulled Shay close to me while looking at all the people walking through too. I looked over to see that she was shivering a little. She only had a short sleeved top with blue jean shorts and black combat boots. I took off my hoodie and gave it to her.

I walked her through the graveyard and I could tell she was a little comfortable with the idea of being here, but when I stopped to a certain grave, she frowned and gave an apologetic rub to my shoulder.

Instead of squatting down like normal people would if they were just visiting, I sat down Indian style like I do every time I come here.

"Hey bro, I, uh. I haven't been here a while, I know. That's because I met someone." I motioned behind me at Shay. "She's really special in my life right now. I'm not completely lonely anymore. Instead of thinking about making bombs or killing innocent people anymore, she keeps me sane." I laughed a little and turned back to Shay, but she didn't laugh. I guess she was shocked and really speechless right now.

"Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I miss you and it's been one year and five months since you lasted walked Earth. I hope you're doing fine because I kinda am now." I looked sadly down the grave and smiled a little. I didn't realized I was crying until I felt Shay's hands wipe at my face.

"And happy birthday. You're twenty five today."

And that's when I broke down. I released all my emotions out and Shay was there to witness it. She saw me when I was weak and vulnerable. But I didn't care. I didn't care if I wasn't being manly, or if I was being a cry baby. I needed this release, and she was there to comfort me, right in the graveyard as it started to rain again.

And that's when I knew that I needed her in my life.

~

Alright, thank you guys for reading! The next book is up!