7 - Sweetheart 🍭

# Abid's POV
# Date - January 20, 2016

---

It was 11:30, and I was totally annoyed. I had called her almost 20 times, but she hadn't picked up. A lot of things were running through my mind. My other girlfriends always came late, but I never cared much about them. This was the first time I really wanted to know why she was late. Was she coming or not? I really wanted to meet her and see her. I had asked many times about her pictures, but she always said, "Life is to live, dear, so why not make our lives more interesting and adventurous by seeing each other the day we met for the first time? By the way, a wise girl said, 'The fruits of patience are sweeter.'"

A smile spread on my face as I thought about her. Then, my mobile rang, snapping me out of my daydream.

Unknown number calling... I hoped it was Areena. I picked up the call.

Unknown: Assalamualaikum.. Abid, where are you?

Thank God... I let out a relieved sigh.

Me: Walaikum Assalam... I was just about to leave your college to go back home.

I lied.

Areena: No, I'm coming!

Her voice sounded like she was already feeling very sorry for being late.

Me: Ok, come fast.

I cut the call and waited for her to come out. She was right; this feeling of finally seeing her was amazing. My heartbeat was faster than usual. I heard the sound of heels, which matched my heart rhythm. I raised my head, and my eyes met a beautiful pair of light brown eyes with long lashes. She was very beautiful. She was wearing a long blue shrug with a red top inside and black jeans. She had long hair, which I liked the most because my other girlfriends never had long hair. I stared at her as she stood in front of me, and then she said in a very innocent manner, which would melt anyone's heart.

Areena: I'm sorry!

Which melted my heart instantly, and I smiled.

When we reached the nightclub, she asked me about the place, but I wanted her to see it for herself. Because she had told me once that she wanted to go to a nightclub, I took her to the room and returned to the reception. I sent Steve to take her order and then made my way upstairs to meet my friend. This club belonged to my best friend.

Me: Hi, John, how's it going?

John: Oh, hi Abid. I'm cool, as always. How about you?

Me: I'm fine. So, how are things going?

John: Good. Well, long time no see. Where had you been? One minute, you're here, which means a new girlfriend, huh?

He knew me very well.

Me: Yes, she's in my room.

I called Room No. 4 my room because I liked that room more than the others.

Me: I have to go. She is waiting for me.

John: Okay. I'll deliver your things right away.

Me: Yeah, thanks, John.