29 - Mummy 🩹🤕

🙋🏻 - Abid's POV
🗓️ - November 04, 2022

---

There was a complete silence between us, which was a little awkward too, but I couldn't help it. I wanted to know who Ali was. I saw her fidgeting with her fingers or playing with her hair locks. She was uncomfortable too.

After driving for half an hour, I felt a little relaxed somehow, as she was with me and we were going on a long drive. The dam was almost two to three hours away, and we were all alone.

I was with her. Alone.

As I thought about it, my heartbeat increased. I glanced at her side; she was looking outside the window, lost in her own world. She was so beautiful and innocent at the same time. It's good that humans can't read each other's minds; otherwise, it would be a great problem. I was lost in my thoughts when she suddenly asked,

"Can I turn up the radio, please?"

Why was she saying please? It was amusing.

_Because you are behaving like a rascal with her._

My inner voice scolded me. Well, it was right. Why was I behaving like this? Dammit!

"Yes, of course. It's all yours."

I told her, and she looked at me weirdly. Of course, she thought I was bipolar.

I turned on the radio for her. A song was playing:

"Tum se shuru,
Tum par khatam,
Lamhe mere.. Ab to yaha..
Aa pass mere.. Hothon par rakh dun yeh..."

She switched the channel.

"You're listening to 93.2 Red Chilli. The next song is from our dashing rockstar, Ali Abraham. This one's for you, girls."

The RJ shouted, but my mind stuck on the name Ali. Why did everyone have to talk about Ali today? I switched off the radio.

"What?? Why did you turn it off?" she asked.

"Because I don't like that singer."

She looked at me with her mouth open. Personally, I didn't have any problem with that singer; I didn't even know him. The only problem was his name, which I was trying to forget.

"You can't be serious. He's an amazing singer. I love his voice."

"I don't like it. It's as simple as that, and I haven't even heard him sing."

"You are impossible, Abid. You just make assumptions without even listening to him once."

She said in anger. She started the radio, but the song had already ended. She switched channels before shutting the radio off again.

After some time, she started searching for something in her small side bag.

"Dammit, I forgot to bring my earphones."

She hissed at herself. I didn't know why, but I loved to see her like this, a little angry and irritated. She looked cuter that way. A curvy smile formed on my lips.