37 - Haldi Ceremony 💛

# Areena's POV
# Date - December 03, 2022

---

"Areeeena... This is the last time I'm warning you, get up."

I heard Mom shouting, but I wasn't ready to get up-not this early.

"Mom... I'm taking my beauty sleep, otherwise I'll have dark circles and patchy skin."

I told her as I pulled the covers over my head and buried my face deeper into my pillow. I was just about to drift back to sleep when someone yanked the covers off me. I winced and almost screamed.

"What the hell??"

"Oh, hell indeed... Welcome to hell, Sunshine."

"Give me my covers back."

"Oh, you mean these? Come and get them."

Ali teased and winked.

"Aaahh... Can't I just get some peaceful sleep?"

"Oh, my sleeping beauty, it's 2 in the afternoon. How much longer do you want to sleep?"

"What??"

I had really slept that long? I quickly looked at the wall clock, which read 1:58 pm.

"Oh my god, I slept that much?"

I asked, still in disbelief.

"Well, yes," he said, nodding.

I jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. Mom was going to kill me. As I ran, I heard Ali call out,

"Come quickly, everyone is waiting downstairs for... lunch."

I nodded, but then realised he couldn't see me. So I shouted back,

"Yes, coming!"

I took a quick shower, threw on the first clothes I grabbed from the closet, and hurried downstairs without bothering to dry my hair.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was momentarily confused-was this really my house? It was beautifully decorated with flowers and light lamps. I made my way to the dining table, where Ali, Aahan, Mom, and Papa were already seated.

I greeted them and sat beside Mom, opposite Ali. To my utter shock, Papa didn't say anything about my oversleeping.

'Maybe he thinks I'm leaving soon, that's why.'

I still couldn't believe there were only three days left until my marriage. After that, I wouldn't be Areena Khan anymore, but Areena Abdullah.

Gosh! It felt so strange.

"Hassan and his family are arriving soon. I hope all the arrangements are done already?" Papa asked Mom.

"Yes, everything is done. And all the credit goes to Ali and Aahan," she replied, smiling at them. I looked at Ali, and he gave me a small smile. I felt a pang in my heart.