10 - Sunshine 🌞

# Areena's POV
# September 11, 2022

---

I was sitting on a rock, watching the beautiful sunset. The sunset always seemed to promise that it would return soon. The glory of its shine always made me feel warm. I was very fond of these sunny days. When I heard,

"Sunshine...!!"

I turned to find Ali waving his hand at me. A smile spread across my face. Ali had an aura of happiness around him that was contagious. He made everyone happy, including me. He called me his sunshine. I didn't know why, but I liked it.

"Hey sunshine, how are you? I was searching for you everywhere, and here you are."

"Hey Ali, I'm good. How about you? Why were you trying to find me? Don't you have a mobile phone?"

"Oh, I have one, but that can't make me see my sunshine, so I came here."

He said that and winked at me.

Oh, these boys...

He sat beside me. We sat there silently, watching the sunset together.

"Why didn't you come last night...?" Ali asked.

Last night, he wanted me to come with him as a couple to his friend's anniversary party, celebrating five years together.

"I told you, I wasn't feeling well last night," I said, but he knew me well enough to know I was lying.

"You didn't come because you don't want to go with me as a couple," he said, but I didn't reply.

After some time, he knelt down in front of me and looked into my eyes. I was well-trained to hide my emotions now, but not in front of him or Sara. My every attempt failed. I still remembered how "he" knew everything I thought, and I still didn't know how.

"You have to move on," Ali said softly.

Tears filled my eyes as I dropped my gaze. I didn't want to cry in front of him. I took a sharp breath.

"I already did," I said, looking into his eyes, trying to remain constant. He shook his head and then smiled.

"Let's go to Maryland," he suggested. A smile spread across my face. He stood up and offered me his hand. I took it and stood up. We walked to the car, and I sat in the passenger seat while he got into the driver's seat. He started driving and played some of my favorite songs. I looked out the window, thinking about how much things had changed.

How much I had changed.

There were five long years that I had spent without him, but I was still with him in my thoughts, unable to forget. Every moment I spent with him, everything he did for me, and every promise he broke still haunted me. My heart still ached when I thought about how much he had ruined me, but that pain also made me strong—at least strong enough to hide my pain.

I was the CEO of my own company now, my dream and my only love, "Galaxy Star." I always engulfed myself in work to stop my stupid heart from thinking about him. I hadn't seen him since that kiss, and I wished I never would.

The car stopped, and I turned to Ali.

"We're here," he stated. I quickly opened the car door and walked inside the main entrance, where, in huge letters, "The Maryland Orphanage" was displayed.

As I entered, my little devil shouted, "Look, my girl is here!"

All the children ran towards me and hugged me. I bent down, and he kissed me on the cheek.

"How are you, Angel?" he asked.

"I am totally fine, my cute devil. How are you all?"

"We're good," they all said in unison.

My little devil was very cute. His name was Arfan, and he was four years old. He was my little devil boyfriend, as he called me his girlfriend and gave me the nickname Angel. I love kids. They were the happiness of my new life, which started at my house dining table every morning by spending some time with my family, then the whole day at work, and every Sunday here with these munchkins.

We played games, and I had a very good time with them. Ali knew me well; he knew when and why I became sad and how to brighten my mood. I met Ali at his concert about two years ago. He had a wonderful, God-blessed voice. He was smart and handsome too, but he was still single and tried everything to make me his. I didn't want to ruin our friendship, so I never said anything about his tactics and just ignored them as much as possible.

I still remembered when he bent to his knees and proposed to me. Everyone present there was shouting, "Say yes!" But I knelt down in front of him and silently refused. He was hurt; I saw that in his eyes, but he smiled at me. At that moment, I knew I had a golden friendship.

We were getting back from Maryland. He wanted me to make coffee for him, and I couldn't refuse. As we reached home, Papa and Mom were also there. They welcomed Ali warmly. I went directly to the kitchen to make coffee for everyone. With coffee, we all chatted for a while. Papa asked Ali to have dinner with us, and he agreed.

After dinner, Ali left for his house. I said goodnight to everyone because I had an important meeting tomorrow. I lay on my comfy bed, wanting to sleep, but like all other nights, I couldn't. I just didn't want to think about him because I didn't want to cry. I tried to remember the beautiful moments of the day.

Why don't you just listen to some music?

Oh, hell!

My inner voice awakened, and now I knew I definitely wouldn't be able to sleep.

Come on...!! I am not that bad company; in fact, I am your reflection, which always says the truth.

Stop taunting me; I am aware of that.

You miss him, don't you??

Oh, please. Stop it!

I am just stating the truth.

Ya Allah...!! Help me.

---

Thank you for Reading ❤️