34 - Pervert 😒

# Abid's POV
# Date - November 05, 2022

---

"You have to wait here," the doctor said softly as they wheeled Areena into the room on a stretcher. Her face looked so peaceful yet so fragile, and I felt an ache in my chest as I watched them take her away.

I felt horrible. I had never imagined something like this happening to her. Dark, anxious thoughts swirled in my mind, no matter how hard I tried to push them away. It was a feeling unlike any I had ever experienced. My heart pounded, and I was so restless and out of breath, feeling like the walls were closing in on me.

"Abid," I heard Dad's familiar voice, and I turned to see him, Afiya, and Areena's parents approaching. For reasons I couldn't fully understand, a wave of anger surged inside me at the sight of them. They had pushed her into this situation, and she had never wanted it.

"Where is she? Is she okay?" Uncle asked, his voice filled with worry.

"The doctor took her to the ICU. They are checking on her," I replied, my voice barely steady.

They nodded, their faces etched with concern, and I stepped outside the hospital, needing air. I didn't trust myself to stay calm. My heart was torn between the pain of knowing she didn't want to marry me and the guilt of thinking she was in this condition because of me.

Yet, I knew I had to pull myself together. Taking a deep breath, I steeled my heart and went back inside. I had to see if she was okay, to make sure she was safe.

As I reached the hallway, the doctor came out.

"How is she now?" Dad asked, his voice trembling slightly.

"Her body is too weak. Has she not eaten anything since yesterday?" the doctor asked, looking concerned.

I glanced at her parents, who shook their heads in regret. Anger flared up again inside me, but I forced it down. I needed to stay in control.

"That's why. Because of an empty stomach and so much pressure and tension, her mental and physical stability were compromised, and the results are evident," the doctor explained, shaking his head slightly.

"What about her bleeding nose? Is it something dangerous?" I asked, anxiety tightening my chest.

"Well... we gave her medicines through injections, and maybe because of her empty stomach, the heat and acidic effects increased, causing her nose to bleed. We can't say anything definite until we get the reports," he replied, trying to reassure us.

"When will she wake up?" her mom asked, her voice trembling with worry.

"I'm not sure, maybe tomorrow. Her body needs rest, so we've given her some medicines. She is fine now. There's nothing to worry about," the doctor said gently before walking away.

After about an hour, Dad suggested we go home to rest, but I couldn't bear the thought of leaving her.

"I'm not going, Dad. I'm staying here with her," I insisted.

"No, Abid. She is alright, and I am here. Her father can't stay in a hospital for long. You should go and rest," her mom said, her eyes soft with concern. But I shook my head firmly.