36 - Punching Bag 🥊

# Areena's POV
# Date - November 21, 2022

🌸🌸🌸

'Please wake up soon, my love.'

These were the last words I had heard from Abid just two weeks ago, accompanied by a tender kiss on my forehead. I had been awake, but my eyelids felt too heavy to open. When I finally managed to pry them apart, he had already slipped away, leaving an emptiness in the room that echoed my heartache.

When he told Farida appi,

'I made and leaked that video to let the world know that she is mine,'

his words had struck me like a thunderbolt, still reverberating in my ears. I still couldn't believe that he had done such a thing. He had taken my most precious treasure-my parents' trust-just because of his twisted obsession.

I had tried to reach out to him, but he was completely ignoring me, treating me as if I were some kind of plague to be avoided.

On top of that, that bipolar wanted me to marry him as soon as possible because of his project, as if my life were merely a pawn in his game.

Aaahhhhh!!!! I wanted to kill myself. It was so frustrating and suffocating.

No... Why would I kill myself?? I should kill him instead.

My phone rang, indicating a new notification had arrived. I picked up my phone to check it, and it was from him:

'Hey... Are you ready or not?? This is probably the last day, because you have already decided to destroy yourself. So please hurry, I am on my way.'

A smile formed on my lips as I read his message, a flicker of warmth in the cold darkness that surrounded me. He was the only one from that day who was managing to make me smile with his antics.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

#After Areena woke up that morning#

'Eat this... Areena.'

Mom ordered me, her voice laced with concern. But I didn't feel like eating. I shook my head in refusal, the thought of food turning my stomach.

'Did she eat anything?'

Papa asked, walking inside the room, his brow furrowed with worry. Mom told him something, but I didn't care to listen. My mind was clouded with the events of the previous day, replaying like a broken record.

I still couldn't figure out why Abid had done that. What did he mean by wanting to let the world know that 'I was his'? I was not his property, not a trophy to be displayed.

Everything that had happened the day before was too much to bear. I had lost my parents' trust because of him, and that was slowly killing me from the inside, gnawing at my soul.

After Mom and Dad had left the room, I sat there in silence, feeling like a ghost in my own life. Uncle and Afiya had also left some time ago. They had come to check on me, but Abid didn't show up, leaving me feeling even more abandoned.

He didn't care. I had known it already. I was sure all this was his doing, a cruel game he was playing.

Meanwhile, the doctor came in. I didn't realize until he caressed my cheek and held my hand. His mouth was covered with a hospital mask. I jerked my hand back, but he tightened his grip. Anger surged within me, a fiery response to his unwelcome touch. How dare he invade my personal space??