3

Steve looks at the formula on the wall. 

start weight + (passing hours * 1,6 kg an hour) = weight after hour calculation
weight after hour calculation + (0,45 kg * each minute spend on food) = new total weight

He sees the danger.. if someone gains 1,6 kg each hour it's killing the body instantly... and not even counted the food along. It's the first time Steve actually pays attention to the formula what actually has been on the wall for quite a little while by now and starts thinking, if Spike's gang does this to James... what would happen to their prison cell? would the guards separate them and would Steve get punished for killing his cellmate which in fact he didn't even do.

James wakes up, he sits up and seems to be really low in energy, he watches Steve who's looking at the formula. 

"impressive?" James suddenly says with a sort of weak voice like he'll collapse.

Steve nods. "Quite a lot. You're not okay are you?"

"I haven't been okay ever since I did that to her." James says.

"How could you've mistaken doing that? When I saw the formula - I'm not even good at maths - I saw right away this would cause trouble." 

"desperation." James says. 

Steve nods, the two talk a little bit more now, they sort of discovered they're both not really dangerous. it's been a day later and so far Steve hasn't really noticed anything from the gang that shows off they actual do try to make James gain. "Desperation for what?" 

"Fat girls.." James says in a light weak voice of embarrassment and weakness. 

Steve turns towards him and looks at the skinny boy. "You're killing yourself. I've noticed it." 

James ignores him.

"You barely eat, and if you do it's forced by the guards, since you got here you've lost maybe half of your weight by refusing to eat. And after more than a month it's finally really showing off you're getting weak." Steve says.

"Great observation." James says.

"You need a psychologist. We got them here." Steve says.

"Sounds like you care." James says.

"I do. You're the first cellmate that didn't try to kill me." Steve says.

James raises his eyebrows, looking though his nerdy goggles.

It remains silent between the two. Steve looks at the formula, curious and in some way preparing himself for the thing to happen. Suddenly their prison door opens and a few guards stand there. "Lunch." he says and Steve goes to the guard, for lunch they always have to leave their cell to eat in the canteen. James refuses to get up and follow. Steve ignores it and walks with a guard to the canteen. A guard that keeps at the door looks at James. "You have to come." he says. 

James sighs and gets up, struggling a little since he's so low on energy. It's not just because he doesn't eat he feels weak at the moment. He's been sick all night and threw up a lot. He goes to the guard and makes sure he won't fall by touching the door and walls but when they leave the cell it's becoming a problem, there aren't really something James can touch/hold on to when he's moving around. "Sir, I'm feeling sick..." James says as a warning.

in the canteen Spike's gang has prepared their plan and wait till their target comes in. Steve gets himself some food and sits at a table. When he's halfway his food James arrives and sits next him, taking his glasses off and putting his arms on the table, resting his head onto it and suffer in silence. 

Steve moves his plate towards James. "Come on, take a bit." Steve says.

James shakes his head lightly. 

"Should I get you something to drink then?" Steve asks. 

James nods slightly. 

Steve gets up and goes to get a drink for James, leaving the guy alone.

after a while Steve returns with some water. "Sorry it took long, they really did annoying there." he says, the canteen is running by prisoners, and not every prisoner likes the other so that can cause for struggling.

James slowly sits up straight and reaches for his goggles and puts them on. "Why are you so kind to me?" He asks.

"I think I've made a mistake so I watch out for you." Steve says.

"that little deal? I'm meant to die anyway so why won't you just let them do it." James says.

"Like I said, you're the first roommate that didn't try to kill me." Steve says.

James nods and swallows the water down his throat. "I don't feel we-..." James faints, his head falls with a loud sound onto the table.

"James?" Steve says confused and surprised.