12

Steve returns only an hour later. He sees James laying on bed, head turned to the wall. Steve isn't sure is James is okay and if he's being normal or having a migraine or is again turned in some zombie.

"I've hurt you." James mutters.

"you haven't. How're you feeling?"

"like a kid in candyland prison" James replies.

Steve nods, he sits on his bed. looking at the big figure laying in front of him. "You're doing well." Steve says.

"I'm doing worse than you think." James says.

"I'm pretty sure you do better than your gi-" Steve gets cut off.

"Don't mention her." James interupts. "I've a headache." he adds.

Steve gets up and moves over to him. "James... I need to ask you something important..."

James careful and difficult turns so he faces Steve. James is really trying to cope.

"If you survive... what will you do?" Steve asks.

"I suppose I'll eat." James responds.

"You're not 100% clear right?" Steve asks.

"I guess around 70% sanity and 30% pure insane.. and if i lose it all it's zero.. at most 10%"

"You're still a nerd though" Steve lets out a tired laugh. this whole situation exhausts him.

"Get some sleep." James says gently.

"not yet... I need a real answer from you. What will you do when this thing is over." Steve asks.

"Try to suffer so Sacha could forgive me." James replies.

"I think you'll need to forgive yourself." Steve says. He undresses himself and gets into his 'pyjamas' and tucks into bed.

"Thank you for doing this all for me, I don't deserve it." James says.

"Like I said, you're the first roommate trying not to kill me."

"Well I think you need someone to try to kill you. Cause you're trying it yourself." James lets out a laugh.

"Maybe I do. You could poison me."

James shakes his head, (his cheeks are shaking because they're chubby.)

Steve gives a smile and falls asleep.

James keeps awake. He's hearing screams and voices in his head. Visuals of food and a forever feeling hunger in his stomach. He looks at Steve sleeping. "Coping is harder than you think..." he mumbles.