5

it's 8 hours later when James' shows his face again from under the blanket. It's paper white and really sweaty. He sits up and a stomach is clearly visible. According to the notes he should have gained around 12 kg although Steve isn't quite sure about it, since the wearing of prison suits often hide away shapes. 

"Feeling any better?" Steve asks.

"Not really." James replies, trying not to give his mind up to the poisoning like it did to Sasha. He knows once he gives up thinking clear, he'll be lost. He's feeling hungry but isn't telling it, he ignores the cravings and anyway it's sort of hard to get food when it's not time to eat. 

Steve nods. "you're fighting it, I can see it." 

"Better than give up and let it all happen. I know what it can do.. If I start losing myself it's all over." 

"James, how can I know when an hour has passed?" Steve asks.

"Use the sun, we're on the good side of the building, you can use it as clock, it's not really perfectly well but it's a base line. also we eat on strict times. 8am at noon and at 6pm that's also a line you can take, but exactly knowing by minutes or hours it's not gonna work unless there is somewhere a clock to watch." James says. He stands up gently, moves his hands in his pockets and walk to the window. Now he stands James can see the clear difference of what droplets can do, he remains silent and watches his roommate thinking and being stuck in his head.

"What happened to your girlfriend with her mindset?" Steve asks.

"She never wanted anything with calories, she was a depressive girl who cared extremely much about the way she looked. I never could have made a gram heavier or even happy. it changed completely when she got that single droplet. I hid it in some hot chocolate milk. At first I thought it didn't work at all... but it did work.. she craved crisps and asked me to get some. it was in the first few hours when I started to doubt if this plan... was a good plan after all.. She told me she wanted to gain a bit, but I couldn't get her any hold on the food, I saw her growing and it terrified me. I couldn't leave her a second alone. She would eh... did everything she could to get the food.... If she didn't eat.. she would just weight just under 280 KG at the end of the week... but she died by weighing 500 kg. And I swear I did everything I could to get her not to eat. I've failed.." James tells.

Steve is speechless. 

James starts to lean against a wall again, still feeling weak and sick but also a slightly better. his weight is healthier at the moment now he's less skinny. James secretly prepared for the happening. He knew it was going to happen at some point.

"I dared to play with life. Now I'm daring death to play with me." James looks at Steve. "Loss changes a man. Even if the man is the biggest foolish nerd on the world." 

Steve remains silent.

James slips down the wall and sits on the ground, his hands covering his head which hides between his legs. Another migraine attack.

Steve plans to play a dangerous game to get the information from Spike's gang.