Passive aggressively attached

You were glad to be wearing a mask. It hid your wounds ... and perhaps mortification. The swelling was down, but the bruising still went strong. The slightest touch was painful.

You groaned lowly from a pain in your chest and finally exited the Room.

"This day will be magical." you muttered, lagging profusely. Peter's uncanny ability to randomly appear presented itself when he called out in a whisper:  

"You're late."

"I know. Sorry. Putting this thing on with a bent-up face was a little challenging." you riposted.

"I'll drag you out myself if I need to." He threatened. Then he was out of sight for the next quarter of the day.

Every now and then your face would ache, and you'd slip into the restrooms to splash cold water. A decent placebo, but it lost its effect fast. Zan walked by and tapped on your mask; the beaten side.

"You gonna hand out presents today or just loaf around?" he teased.

               Tap! Tap! 

"Ow! Stop." you yelped.

"'Ow'? You hurt behind there?"

"No. I'm okay. I just don't like people doing that. Sorry." you denied.

               You were like an abused girlfriend hiding her injuries in shameful denial! 

So many new personas you took on because of Him, and you hated every one.

"Alright...if you say so. Anywho, I'm gonna take out the garbage. Wanna help? You don't have to, just make your decision in the next five seconds." he offered. You were close to refusing until it dawned that this task would allow you to get away from guests for a bit.

"Yeah, sure." you accepted. The two of you headed out where a large bin full of trash bags waited.

"O'CMON! No one tied the bags?!" Zan griped. You helped him prep everything before hauling it all in the dumpster, while gritting your teeth in pain.

"You weren't closing last night, were you?" you questioned.

"No. I was only here to play around as Freddy for a few hours."

He said and threw another bag.

"Makes me wonder if Beth was the one leading the night crew. Speaking of . . ." he started as he grabbed another bag.

"She's a bitch? Yeah, I know. What's new?" you remarked.

"Actually," he hurled another with a grunt.

"I'd watch your step with that." 

"Uh...why?"

"Cause from what I hear, you're on her list; the list of people she tries to get fired." he explained with concern. You almost fell in laughter. 

"Pup, I'm not kidding. You're in her line of fire. She's constantly trying to get Peter to fill out the paperwork." he kept insisting. You snorted.

"I'm not going anywhere."

"How do you know that?" he asked and threw in the last bag.

"I just know." You headed back inside without waiting. He brushed by again after you finished washing your hands.

"Oh hey, one last thing; Peter says he wants to see you in his office . . ." he informed with slight anxiety, thinking his warnings were too late. 

Your wonders couldn't be more different, but you had an idea this summoning may've had to do with your tardiness this morning.