Give life

When your perception cleared, all color and dimension throughout this vast vicinity was mystical and unnatural.

Lights strobed around every corner. You sat up and the silvery flashes mitigated, colors colder. They slipped into new shades as you rose to your feet, as if they were aware of your movements and planned accordingly, like some kind of personal theme... 

There was not an ounce of physical pain in your body, not even normal functions such as hair rising or a simple pulse. You were light as a feather, inside and out.

Light enough to...float. Like a weak balloon, you levitated off the floor and glided forward. Literally going with the flow, you drifted until coming to a rectangular barrier.

Door.

You blinked and were immediately on the other side without the need to even physically interact with it. A fearful pang hit when seeing two black silhouettes on the far end of this large room. They were typical 2-D shadows, casted by a source not there.

One was a burly figure with round ears, the other a bit more slim with pointy ears. You watched as they seemed to gaze back with literal blank faces before turning their flat bodies and slowly strolling along the walls, descending further until disappearing in a void of darkness.

You followed, but only made it a few feet before halting at the sight of something else. This time it was on the ground.

It was a small version of a human. A child—a girl. But something was gravely wrong. She gave off no active energy. 

               No...she couldn't be...

But she was.

You were familiar with death, and a powerful grieving swept over your seemingly smaller body. All aura faded back into a sympathetic misty grey as you put two skinny hands over your face and mourned this child who was without a life.

Not long before discovering her body did you spy more; they were oddly scattered about. Your enhanced sentimentality was almost overwhelmed until noticing a crucially different aspect with the rest of these children. 

               They were alive!

Another bizarre but natural behavior took over, influencing you to search this enormous room until finding something important. There was a small section holding a variety of toys. It was for the children, after all. 

               Make them happy.

You filled your stringy arms with these convenient trinkets. One by one you plopped them in place in front of each child.

               I did good?

You waited for these tots to spring up and celebrate. None of them moved. Their small flickers of energy were beginning to fade out, like a flame falling down a dark tunnel. You reached down and touched the flesh of the closest child.

You pulled back a half-dry substance. When realizing what it may be, fear engulfed you and you inched away from this body that was greying out more and more by the second. The urge to flee kicked, until you remembered why these children were here in the first place.

               Someone did this to them.

You put together.

               But there was still time! 

However, not much. Their life energy was next to nothing.

               They needed to be saved! 

You investigated this room. As if your frantic prayers were answered, four figures introduced themselves under a glow; Four robotic characters. They each possessed a vibrant aura surrounding them from the inside and out.

When approaching the bear first you put out both your hands in acceptance, and the character's head gently removed itself from its body, invisibly dismantled. With a very new powerful gift in your hands, you were quick in returning to one of the children; a boy being first. Placing the bear's head over his, you could see his energy was immediately nourished by the pseudo, and it gradually regained strength.

To make sure it remained this way, you pushed firmly as everything was forcibly reshaped. 

When the cranium was ready you returned the entire "piece" back to the bear. It sprang on, despite all its switches and circuits being off. First thing it'd see would be the smiling face that had not only given it a new beautiful life and body, but also a new meaning.

               One down...three to go...