Day 30: New Years Kiss

It's New Years Eve. Ryan doesn't have anyone to kiss. Maybe.

Okay, I wrote the smut chapter for tomorrow. You're welcome ;)

-Ryan-

I have never never had a new years kiss. It's not like I am desparate or anything, as I've kissed several people, I'm just sad that I've never done it on the countdown. I guess it's understandable, same with wanting a date on valentines day.

"Hey, Ryan, Didn't think I would see you here?" A flirtatious voice says. I turn and see Jac, someone I haven't seen in months. Of course she had to be here.

"Yeah, well I am."

"So... you here with anyone, RyRy?" She twirls her hair in between her fingers. Don't get me wrong, Jac is beautiful, but I just can't see us as a lasting couple.

"Yeah," I say. My heart sinks, my self conscious screaming at me, 'What the fuck are you doing?'.

"Really, now? What's her name then?" Jac asks, suddenly very jealous. I mumble a name under my breath in attempt to stall her. "What?"

"His name," I say. 

"Let me guess, Brendon?" She asks bitterly.

"No, Brendon and I are just friends." I shake my head.

"Then who?" She asks, becoming very impatient. 

"Hey, Dallon!" I hear Brendon say behind Jac as Dallon Weekes hugs my friend.

"Dallon," I say quietly, remembering the friend I haven't seen in a while.

"You're with Dallon?!" Jac asks. I blush as Dallon and Brendon turn and walk towards us.

"What?" Dallon asks.

"You two are together?" Jac asks, slightly disgusted. I exchange looks with Brendon. He knows what is happening. This happened a few months ago with us and Keltie.

"Yeah, Dallon and Ryan have been dating for a while now. Meaning that Ryan is in a relationship. So leave him alone and stop flirting with him, yeah?" Brendon says. Jac frowns and stomps off, flipping her hair behind her shoulder.

"Thanks, I kinda panicked when she asked who I was with," I say.

"Hasn't that happened before?" Dallon asks.

"They won't leave me alone if they find out that I'm single, no matter how many times I tell them that," I say. Dallon smiles.

"Well, hi boyfriend for the night," Dallon says, causing us to laugh.

-

"How much time until midnight?" Dallon asks me, pushing his hair out his face as he leans against the balcony with me. I came out here because of the view, and now that Dallon is with me, I feel a little safe.

"Uh..." I check my phone. "One minute." I turn my phone off and put it in my pocket. 

"Cool, okay. So uh, I was wondering if you had anyone to kiss?" Dallon asks, smirking ever so slightly.

"Do you think I would call you my boyfriend if I did?" I ask, smirking slightly, both of us chuckling.

"No, probably not," Dallon says. 

"Would you like to be?" I ask.

"Be what?" Dallon asks. I raise my eyebrows slightly, smiling shyly. He seems to realize. "What, no, I wanna be the one to ask!" Dallon pouts. I laugh.

"Go on, then."

"Ryan, do you wanna be my real boyfriend?"

"I'd love to be your real boyfriend. Now-" I get cut off as someone screams.

"12 seconds!"

Everyone begins to count down.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6," Voices say in sync. Dallon and I look at each other, the moon shining on his face perfectly.

"5, 4, 3, 2." Dallon places his hand on the side of my neck, the other on my waist. I place mine on the sides of his neck.

"1," everyone says. We lean forward and I can see Brendon and Jac in the corner of my eye, Jac obviously pissed.

Our lips connect, making my heart flutter. 

"Happy New Year!" Everyone screams. Some fireworks and party poppers go off. Dallon and I pull away, smiling at each other.

"Happy New Years, Dallon."

"Happy New Years to you too, Ryan."