Day 20: Kiss

Dallon has had a crush on Ryan for a long time, and when they are hanging out, Dallon tells himself that it's his only chance to make a move.

-Dallon-

My heart speeds up as I replay the scene from yesterday in my head.

"Hey, Dallon, do you wanna hang out tomorrow?" Ryan asks. I try my best not to just scream 'yes', as it would probably scare him away. I know Ryan and I are close, but I always get shy around him.

"S-Sure. M-Maybe we could go uh... like... shopping for like... Christmas..." I say nervously. I know he wants to ask about it, but instead he agrees.

"Perfect. I'll meet you downtown tomorrow at 3."

It is now 3:02 and I, of course, am feeling like Ryan is just messing with me, playing with my mind. I nervously tug at my sleeves as I exhale, my hot breath coming out as a small cloud. About 10 more minutes pass and I feel kinda insecure.

"Hey, sorry, I got stuck in traffic," the familiar angelic voice fills the air. I look up and see Ryan walking up to me. My heart flutters as I can't help but smile. I stand up from the cold bench and open my arms slightly. Ryan smiles and hugs me and I immediately hug him back.

"It's okay, I didn't wait long." I mean, I did get here at 2:15, but an hour isn't that long, I was just a little early.

As much as I want to just hold Ryan like this for hours, we are probably getting weird looks, so I pull away.

"So, where do you want to go first?" 

-

After a few hours of walking around and looking through stores, Ryan suddenly grabs my hand.

"Look," he says. He points to a bridge that has Christmas lights on it. He looks up at me with a big smile.

"It's so pretty..." he says, looking at the bridge again. I chuckle and begin to walk to it. Ryan happily runs ahead, still holding my hand, causing me to run too. We get to the bridge and I feel my heart flutter again as I realize that he still hasn't let go. However, I am definitely not complaining. I love holding Ryan's hand. I also love hugging him. I just want to cuddle with him, hold him, hug him, kiss him. But I know that that will never happen.

I glance at the railing, letting go of Ryan's hand and placing mine on the two inches of snow piled up.

I wonder if anyone would notice if I jumped?

"Dallon?" Ryan asks. I snap out of my thoughts and look him. My heart sinks as I notice the tears in his eyes.

"What, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I ask.

"Why... you... D-Dal... why?" He asks. The realization also hits me that I accidentally said that out loud.

Ryan wraps his arms around me. I hesitate slightly to hug him back, his grip on the back of my jacket is tight.

"I... I didn't mean to say that out loud..." I say.

"Please don't ever do something like that... I don't know what I'd do if you... if you..." Ryan's voice becomes shaky.

"I'm sorry, Ry... I... I didn't mean to tell you that..." he pulls away and I place my hand on the side of his neck. "But please don't ever cry because of me... I hate seeing you so sad," I say, looking down at the tears running down his cheeks. He nods and wipes his tears. My eyes flicker down to his soft, tempting lips.

-3rd-

Ryan feels a small lump in his throat as Dallon looks down at his lips.

"D-Dallon...?" Ryan asks. He is still shocked and scared from the fact that Dallon just accidentally let Ryan know that he is suicidal.

Dallon looks into Ryan's eyes, then back at his lips.

'Fuck it,' Dallon thinks to himself. He places his other hand on the other side of Ryan's neck, leans in, and presses his lips against the other boys.

A spark of happiness shoots through both of the boys. Right as Ryan snaps out of the shock and kisses back, Dallon pulls away.

"I-I'm sorry..." Dallon says.

"Why?" Ryan smiles.

At one end of the bridge is the two boys friends, Brendon and Spencer.

"Isn't that Dallon and Ryan?" Spencer asks. They walk faster, but quickly freeze about 10 feet away when Ryan pulls Dallon by the collar of his jacket, connecting their lips once again. Dallon smiles through the kiss, placing his hands on Ryan's waist.

"Maybe we should go..." Brendon whispers, smirking as he sees his two best friends, who have liked each other for months, kissing. Him and Spencer leave, not without taking a picture, of course.

A few moments pass and the two finally pull away.

"I've wanted to do that for so long," Dallon says.

"Me too."

And the two boys walk around hand in hand for the rest of the day.