Day 6: Tired

Ryan is tired and Dallon puts him to sleep.

-Dallon-

As Ryan and I watch A Christmas Story, snow gently falls outside. Ryan's head is rested on my shoulder and my arm is around him, a blanket covering us.

"Hey, why don't you go to bed?" I suggest. Ryan immediately sits up.

"N-no... I-I'm... I'm fine..." Ryan mumbles.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," Ryan says. I shrug and my attention goes back to the movie. That is, until Ryan yawns and closes his eyes, still resting against my shoulder.

"I promise I'm sure... I'm just... resting... my eyes... yeah..." he mumbles tiredly. I chuckle softly and pause the movie. I stand and Ryan stops himself from falling. "I'm fine," Ryan mumbles, slightly louder.

"Come on, baby, we're going to bed," I say, picking him up bridal style. He mumbles a disagreement that I can't understand, but still snuggles into my chest. I walk upstairs and to our bedroom, immediately laying him down. We are both already in pajamas, so I don't need to make him get dressed.

"Hmm... come... here..." Ryan mumbles, opening his eyes ever so slightly. He reaches his hands out. I lay next to him and he wraps his arms around me, snuggling into my chest. I chuckle lightly, turn the light off, pull the blanket over us, and hold him close.

"Mmm night, baby... love you..." Ryan mumbles, his eyes closed.

"Goodnight, baby, I love you too." I smile, but Ryan is probably already asleep.