Chapter 12

"Why the fuck did you hang up on me?" Was the first thing Melissa said as she opened the door to let me in her apartment.

"Didn't want to discuss certain things on an open line." I closed the door behind me and ripped her t-shirt off, leaving her wearing a shock expression on her face and a pair of cute black panties.

"What the fuck?" She yelled. "What the hell are you doing?"

My eyes scanned her flawless body. "Good," I said. "You are not wired."

"What? Why would I be wired?" She asked. "If I was, what would you do?"

I jammed my finger into her chest. "You talked to the police and I couldn't take a chance." I walked and looked around her apartment, checking her living room, bathroom, closets and her bedroom. I returned to the living room. "To answer your second question, I would have cut your throat and watch you bleed out."

She shook her head. "I'm glad I fucked you with that strap-on. Why would I sell you out, Pitch?"

"You have been acting fishy lately and I'm not talking about your undies."

"So, you are openly going to be a bitch today." She replied. "Fuck you!" She stared at me, not breaking eye contact. Then, she shoved my left shoulder. She was getting a serious backbone.

"Did you just push me?" Not to be outdone, I shoved her back. "I'm not going to be taken down by you."

She shoved me back, but this time with both hands. "Listen, crazy bitch. The police visit had nothing to do with you or any of your activities."

"What?"

"It was about Tiffany."

"Who the fuck is Tiffany?"

"You know her as Cherry Pop."

I closed my eyes and pictured Cherry Pop on the stage dancing her sexy little ass. "I remembered her. Great kisser."

"What?"

I smiled and gave her a wink. "You are not the only muffin I eat."

She laughed. "I know, I loved her arrow shape bush."

"Like we need directions."

We shared a laugh and give each other a hug. We both apologized for going a little crazy. We walked into her bedroom. She put on a crop tank top and we sat on her bed. "None of us will be popping that cherry anymore," she explained. "She was found dead last night."

"What?"

"That what Detective Howard was asking me this morning." She ran her fingers through her hair. "Asking questions, like have any of the customers were paying too much attention to her or acting strangely at the club last night. Then he said something that kind of scared me. He told me that I should be very careful."

"Careful," I repeated. "Why?"

"He thinks someone might be targeting strippers."

"Really? Like a serial killer?"

Her face tightened up. "He didn't say that."

I laid flat on the bed with my head on Melissa's lap. "Things are making sense now."

She nodded her head like she was understanding, but Melissa was only good at faking orgasms. "What hell are you talking about making sense?"

"I had a date last night."

"Okay, still not making sense."

"With Leo Taylor," I said and my hand covered her mouth. "Before you said that doesn't make sense, let me explain. Leo Taylor, I mean Dr. Leo Taylor."