Chapter 18

The Jefferson was one of the finest restaurants in the city. Maybe, Leo could take me here one day. Maybe on our one year anniversary. Holy shit! I'm getting ahead of myself, I must survive the night first. I slammed the door to the cab and galloped up the stairs to the entrance of the Jefferson, pushed my way through the revolving door. I was little late, but the good detective could wait.

I looked around the series of small circular tables, every one filled with couples, no family or small children, just couples wanting to order overpriced food. I continued to look for my date. My eyes graced on his presence as he was sitting alone at his table, waiting for his victim. I walked between the servers, hoping I wouldn't knock any of the plates out of their hands.

I got to the table and plastered a large smile on my face.

"You are late." His rough voice matched his stern exterior. His slick black hair was an attempt to look like a younger man, but the grey five o'clock told a different tales. No matter how much he tried, nothing could hide the strong deeps lines of his face or the pouty gut that stretched his white dress shirt prevented his charcoal colored suit jacket from closing. His massive hand engulfed the wine glass as he rose to his lips as he took a long sip.

"Sorry," I said. "But I will make it up to you."

His dark brown eyes stared at my face, paused at my boobs and lingered at my legs. "Please, have a seat," He motioned his hand to the chair.

"Thank you," I said. I placed a hand on the back of the chair. A server came out of nowhere and pulled my chair out for me. I sat and server slid me in. I looked at the servers. "Thank you," I said as I flashed him a full smile. The server nodded and when back to his duties.

"Always the flirt?" the detected asked.

"No, just polite," I answered him back. "I was informed, you are not going to be too nice with me." My fingers twirled with my hair as my lips displayed a small pout.

"You heard correct." The detective took another sip of his wine. "The only nice thing is going to happen tonight is your dinner. So, go ahead and order the fifty dollar steak and lobster, because you are going to get fucked hard tonight. I'm going to love finding out if you are red all over?"

"My bright green eyes and freckled skins should answer that question for you."

"Do you shave down there?" His questions were bold and rude, but I would play along.

"I trimmed around the edges," I answered, "and keep it tight, but enough to tell you the origin of my hair color."

"What would you do if I slam you down on the table and push up your tight dress, take hold of your arms and pull them back as I rape you?"

He just slapped it all out there. I had to call him out on his shit. "Are you confusing your desire to commit a crime?" I asked.

"I will pay you double if you bleed."

"No need to be charming, if you are going to be a straight-up asshole."

His crooked smile craved on his face. "Hurry up and order dinner, and make it last. You will be a couple of grand richer, but you won't walk right for weeks."

Shit, I admitted I'm scared. This guy was a dick, he informed me that he wanted to rape me. I knew that wasn't his only goal for tonight. "Have you done this before?"

"What have dinner?" His smart-ass comment wasn't appropriate at this time.

"No, asshole," I answered back. "Raping a girl. I mean you are a cop."