Chapter 35

The car ride home from the diner was quiet. Melissa look out the window most of the trip. I explained to her over and over the reasons why I was interested but she wasn't interested at all. She would roll her eyes or shook her head. We pulled up to my apartment. She was still quiet. We walked up the stairs to my floor. She didn't say a word. We walked to my door, still nothing. When I put the key in the doorknob, something happened. Melissa shoved me into the door, forcing me into my apartment. She slammed the door shut.

"What the f--?" Before I could finish my question, Melissa landed a right hook to my jaw. I stumbled, catching my balance. She grabbed my arm and pinned it against my back and rammed me to the wall.

"This is for killing my mother, you fucking bitch!" she yelled. She grabbed a fist full of my hair and smashed my face against the wall. I tried to break free, but Melissa adjusted her hold and applied more pressure against my arm by pulling it further up my back.

"That fucking hurt!" I cried back.

"I like give a fucking shit." She kicked my leg apart, so I couldn't keep my balance. I heard a 9mm cocking behind me. I felt the barrel to my head. "Say goodbye, Pitch." She pulled the trigger. All I heard was a click. I collapsed to the floor, crying like a fucking baby. Melissa pulled out a full clip from her purse and cocked the pistol again, but this time it was loaded. She pressed the barrel of the gun to my forehead. "This is was losing total control fucking feels like. It is not sexy or a fucking turn on. It is scary, deadly and literally makes you piss yourself." She was right about that as pee poured out of me. "It is simple as 1, 2, 3, Bang!" My body flinched as she yelled 'Bang." She was going to fucking kill me. Unlike Jesus Christ, Melissa was tired of slowly dying for my fucking sins. She pointed the gun down towards the floor.

"I'm not going to kill you, Pitch," Melissa said. "I have to warn you. Wake you the fuck up. You are going down a dangerous path of self-destruction." She tossed the gun on the couch and sat next to me on the floor. "This is wrong and you fucking know it."

"You hurt me," I said, holding my arm close to my chest.

"You needed an extreme lesson, Pitch. That was the only way anyone could get through that thick head of your." She tapped the side of my head with his finger. She put her arms around my shoulder and kissed my cheek. "Sorry I scared you."

"Honestly thought you were going to fucking kill me."

"That is why I talked about my mother," Melissa explained. "I had to make it fucking real, girl."

"Next time don't make it so fucking real."

"You never know when shit will get out of control." She pressed her head to mine. "You still love me?"

"Yes." I kissed her on the lips. "Crazy slut."

"To role-play a rape, even under ideal conditions could be problematic, especially since you are survivors of it," Melissa continued. "The sex, power, and control are only separated by the thinnest lines. You and I crossed them with each other all the time, but we stay in check. Rape is not anger sex or rage sex. Sex is the least part of the rape. Rape is about control. Rape is a weapon and the purpose is to humiliate and destroy. There is no love, no passion, just destructive hate. You don't need that. You are strong, beautiful. You are my girl. I don't want that to happen to you, even as a fucking fantasy."

These moments with Melissa, make me question my relationship with Leo. Why the hell and I still with him? I should take hold of Melissa's hand and just run and never look back.

"Are you looking for something, Pitch?" she asked. "The answered might be right in front of you." She caressed the side of my face with the back of her hand. Feeling her soft skin put me in a trace. My eyes closed and I kissed her hand. "Maybe, Leo is right," she said. "A little therapy couldn't hurt."