Chapter 9

Today was a good day. The sun was out. The clouds were rolling across the bright blue sky. I just got back from the mall, after buying Bennie a new game system. This should put a big smile on his face. I ran up the stairs and walked down the hall to my apartment. Bennie was sitting in front my door. When I got closer, Bennie didn't look up. That was strange, Bennie always looked when I'm around. His head was down and I heard him crying. I was holding his arm and rocking back and forward.

I put his present down and sat next to him. "What's wrong?" I asked.

His nose ran and tears poured out of his eyes. He tried to talk, but only pants and sniffs came instead of his sweet voice. I tried to calm him down, but his body recoiled and he screamed as I touched his arms.

I bit my tongue trying to calm myself down. "Who did that to you, Bennie?" I said between my teeth.

He was still crying but he was able to give me a name. "Liam."

"Why would he do this to you?"

Bennie was able to stop his tears and looked at me. "I was talking to his sister, Aurora. He didn't want a retard talking to his sister."

"You are not a retard." I always corrected Bennie when he used the word. It was an ugly word. Only used by ugly people. I unlocked my door and told Bennie to go inside. I placed his present on the coffee table and grabbed my bat from the closet. I told Bennie I would return.

Liam is a fucking asshole. I ran down the stair to Liam's apartment. I banged on his door waiting for that asshole to answer. "Open the door, Goddammit!" I yelled as I continued to bang it like Melissa banged me last night. "Get out of there, Liam."

The door opened and my grip tightened around the bat, but it wasn't that asshole, Liam. The long blonde hair covered the face of the woman that opened the door. She placed some of her hair behind her ear revealing her soft features. Her pouty lips were cute. She had a natural rosiness to her cheeks. Her big blue eyes were second to the beauty of the world finest sapphires. Her tits were way too perky. I had to fight the urge to reach my hands out and honk them. This eighteen-year-old hottie was Aurora. She was Liam's younger sister. The girl that Bennie was talking to, the reason why he was upstairs in my apartment crying.

"Liam is not here," she said. "The fucking jerk is across the street with his wanna be crew."

"Why you let him do that to Bennie?" I stepped closer to her until the smell of her perfume stroke my nostrils. It was a soft pleasant flowery scent that didn't slap me across the face. "He might have broken his arm."

"Liam is an asshole!" She yelled back. "I told him not to hurt him. Besides, I like Bennie. He is cute, in a dorky way. He makes me laugh and he is nice to me. He is the only guy that doesn't try to fuck me and he doesn't walk up behind me, reach around and grab my tits and goes, 'Honk, Honk.'" She mimicked the honking action on herself as her small hands squeezed her boobs.

"He hurt my friend," I informed her. "I'm going to hurt him." I turned away, but she called out to me before I got to the stairs.

"Tell Bennie, I'm sorry," she said.

I looked over my shoulder. "Go upstairs to my apartment and tell Bennie yourself." I ran down the stairs burst through the door. There were four dudes hanging around the corner, acting like a bunch of gangsters wannabe be. Liam was in the center of the group. He was a pretty boy with his sandy blonde hair, clear skin, cute dimples and perfect teeth. Too bad all of that was going to get fucked up.

I ran towards him and called out his name. Before he could react, my bat cracked the side of his head. His crew ran away, like a bunch of pussies. They remembered what I did to those kids that picked on Bennie years ago. They didn't want any part of this. Liam fell hard on the asphalt. My bat focused on his head. Whack! I moved to his ribs. Whack! Whack! His right arm. Whack! His left arm. Whack! He couldn't defend himself. I didn't give a shit as I hit him again and again. His head, ribs, legs, and arms were now apart of my bat. His model good looks was a thing of the past as I continued to avenge my dear friend. His cries were louder than the sound of the bat hitting his body. He begged me to stop. I held the bat over my shoulder and was going to deliver one last blow, but I decided to show him mercy. Something he didn't show Bennie. He was rolling on the street. His loud sobbing was getting on my nerves. I gave him one last warning.