Chapter 19

"Fuck me," Melissa said as she looked into the back of the minivan. There was a long shovel with fresh dirt of the blade and twine of rope. "This asshole came prepared." Melissa wrapped my bloodstain dress in a large plastic bag and handed me a moist towel to clean the rest of my body.

"Did you bring the bleach?" I asked as I handed her back the towel, which she placed in the plastic bag with the dress. She gave me a pair of small and tight shorts, Melissa forgot to bring me a pair of panties, I had to go commando.

"Of course," she replied. "Did he confessed to anything?"

"Just being an asshole," I said. "But it was clear that he did some harm to a lot of girls and Cherry was one of them." I pulled down the short tank top over my chest and put on rubber gloves. "Let's get this over with."

We dug in the suit pockets of the detective. I found his cell phone and Melissa discovered a myth that turned out to be true.

"Fuck!" Melissa yelled. "Why does this guy have a massive hard-on?"

"If you don't want to make a dead man come," I explained. "You might want to get away from that."

"Fuck you, Pitch." Melissa trademark response when I'm being a smart ass.

We searched the rest of his body, we found his wallet, another cell and his drop piece strapped to his ankle, a snub nose 38 special. We moved from the body and searched the rest of the van. I saw an old brown leather briefcase, jammed under the passenger seat. I opened the case and discovered several maps with red marked circles on it. The map wasn't just local, there were locations on from other counties in other parts of the state and out of the state.

"This is odd?" I said as my eyes scanned the maps.

"People still use maps?" Melissa joked. "I mean God invented the GPS for a reason."

I turned on his second phone were found and pulled up the GPS history. The patterns of his tracker matched the location marked on the map.

"Oh fuck." My mind pulled together a crazy theory that started to make some sense. "Bodies," I murmured.

"What are you talking about?" Melissa questioned.

"These maps shows were the bodies are buried." I scrambled between the maps and the phone, everything continued to match up. I noticed the red circle on the map marked my current location. "Holy shit!" I looked at Melissa and turned on the flashlight on my phone. "Follow me."

"Where? To the gate of Hell?"

"No," I answered back. "To my grave."

We both looked around the woods by the van. We searched for an hour until I found what I was looking for. I called Melissa over.

"Damn," she said. "You might be right about these are where the bodies are buried, but Cherry wasn't buried?"

"True," I replied, "but Cherry was found here." I pointed to one of the red circle on the map.

"Fuck!" she said as she reviewed the map. "He killed all these people?"

I shook my head. "He is a bigger serial killer than I will ever be."

"Yeah," she assured, "but that is a good thing, Pitch. You kill for a reason, a purpose. He is just a monster, fucking crazed maniac."

"And I'm not?"

"No," she replied. "You are a lot of things, but a monster? Not even close."

I plopped myself on the ground, next to my grave. "What am I to you?"