Meeting him?

(Y/n) had always been a runner, not a fighter. She had been made fun of a lot in her past due to how she was raised and what she was going through. At birth, her parents had abandoned her on the doorstep of a lone church that was run by a single priest due to personal issues of both the parents. She was a frail child, but with time, she grew up to be a healthy and intelligent girl. By the raw age of three, she was already reading books for a five-year-old due to her curiosity for knowledge.  When he asked the little one what she was reading,

she gazed up to him and with a big smile exclaimed, "I'm reading a book about shadow people, daddy. I found it in your room." He tilted the cover-up to reveal it was a book from the famous late poet, Edgar Allen Poe. With a smile on his face, he inquired, "Isn't that one of my poetry books? It's probably too hard for you to read, my little Angel."

        "I got this, daddy." She huffed to him and went back to reading. At one point, she asked for his assistance in a word and he helped her mouth it out and pronounce it. He was rather astonished that she was reading books of Edgar Allen Poe's caliber, but he knew she was an intelligent girl that would aspire high. So high that he felt she was finally ready to hear the words of the lord. He decided it was time for her to finally come to his line of work and maybe learn something from one of his sermons. He made a few calls and soon enough, she was able to come and join the church and listen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Y/n P.O.V)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        At the time, one question swarmed through my mind all throughout my day. When I got the chance, I asked my father, "Hey, daddy, What do you do in this big place?" My big (eye color) eyes looked up to his tall figure and he looked down at me and smiled before he spoke up,

        "I protect good people from bad people." This must-have baffled me because I remember myself saying, "What kind of bad people?" "Bad people with ill intent to hurt the good people." I observed and analyzed what he had said and it made me think long and hard. "I see. Well, don't get hurt by the bad people. I'll beat 'em up if they do!" The faint memory of me pouting was there.

He smiled even more and rubbed the top of my head before he said, "Alright. I'll be sure not to get hurt, my Angel."  He looked up at the cathedral of a church and examined the intricate glass panels as well as the architecture of the building for a moment. "Built-in 1889, this was one of the only places to pray in the name of the lord as well as pay homage to those who were lost."

It was a haven that was still doing its best to live forward he said pulling out a key and unlocking a door and walking me thru it. "Wow it was like magic," I say excitedly. He chuckled and picked me up.  "Yes just like magic. Now, are you ready to see my work?" I smile wide. "Yes, of course, I'm ready."

We walk into a room and I see people sitting at tables. They all look over when we walk in."Hey who's the kid with you?" a man with gold hair asked he has a big sword with him. Father said, "Angel, this is my daughter." He said, "Well what is she doing here this is no place for kids?" He looks at me then father. "Well... I kinda lost a bet to her." He looks disappointed.

I see the look on Angel's face. He looks angry or trying not to laugh at him. "How did you lose a bet to a child?" someone else asked. "Well I found her reading a book and she said she was reading it so she could go to work with me. So I made a deal with her that if she finished the book and wrote a report on it she could come to work with me. I was kinda expecting her to give up and leave it but she did it and won the deal so here we are now." he was admitting defeat.

I flick his forehead and he looked at me. "Well, I wouldn't have given up either way." I look at him like he should know better. "Hey I was wrong and I admit that," he said defensively. The door opened and a small white dog walked in. "Puppy!!" the dog sweat-dropped hurrying out of the room. "Puppy puppy." father let me down and I was after the dog before he let go.

I chased the dog down and caught him I wasn't paying attention to where I was and I got lost. "Where are we and how do we get back," I asked the dog I was about to cry. The dog got out of my arms and disappeared in a bush. Suddenly a tall man came up behind me he was wearing a white outfit and had purple hair.

"Hey are you lost little girl" his voice was smooth like silk. "Y-ya I was chasing a dog and wasn't looking where I was going," I said on the verge of tears. "Come on I will help you get back." he stood up and held out his hand. I take it and we start walking to a building. He pulls out a key that looks like fathers. "Here we go now it is the fifth door down on the right." he pointed to the door then turned to leave. "Thanks, mister." I say then go through the door the dog ran through the door and into my arms.