1

Trigger warning: the ultimate feels- abusive father, death, crying and drugs.

POV: Virgil

I was running home because I was let out late from school. My vision was blurry. I couldn't run any faster. My heart and  head was pounding. BUMP!
I bashed into someone on the way to my house. "I-I-I'm so so so sorry sir.. wait.. you're that new kid aren't you?" I stuttered.
"Yes I am. It's okay. You didn't mean to bump into me. I'm Roman! What's your name?" The kid said, holding out his hand for me to shake.
"My name is Virgil..." I replied, shaking his hand, "I'm so sorry I must leave. I'm going to be late home and I don't want to... um... never mind see you at school tomorrow... uh.. Roman!" And I dashed off.

At home

"WHY ARE YOU LATE, CHILD!" My father screamed, grabbing me by my collar.
"I-I bashed into someone on the way home and I had to apolo-" But I was cut off by my dad throwing me into a wall.
"ENOUGH!" I heard mother yell, pushing my dad into the wall, "I HAVE HAD IT! I THOUGHT YOU CHANGED! I FELL FOR IT AGAIN! WHY? BECAUSE I TRULY THOUGHT YOU HAD CHANGED! But..." My mum was crying now, "you didn't... you went back to drugs... GET OUT!"
My father grunted and walked out, slamming the door. "I'm so sorry, Virgil... I-I thought he would change. I'm so sorry." My mum cried. I hugged my mum and I said it was fine.

The next day

My mum had called the police and filed a report against my father. He was sent to jail and was sentenced his whole life there. I was happy to live without him.

I was walking home from school and I bumped into Roman again for the 6th time today. "Hey Virgil..." He sighed.
"Hey.. what's wrong?" I asked a tiny bit concerned.
"I-it's nothing." He replied, "Anyways, bye!" And he walked off.
That was strange.. he is normally happy and upbeat.

I walked home and opened the door. "Mum! I'm home!" I said, "Mum..?"
I looked around, called her phone and everything. I didn't know what happened. After an hour of worrying, the police came to my house. "Hello. Are you Virgil?" A woman asked me gently.
"Yes I am...? Why?"
"Your mum went shopping and a car hit her on the way home. I'm so so sorry." The woman said to me.
"N-no.. it can't be... is she...?" I asked crying.
"I'm so sorry..." the woman said.
"Where do I go?" I cried.
"We have to put you for adoption... we have already and a couple actually wants you." The woman replied.
"Who?"
"Mr and Mr Sanders. I hope you don't mind a gay couple."
"No, I don't mind....I'm... uh... gay too..." I replied a bit worried.
"Great! You'll be fine don't worry."

It would be hard not to worry...