1

~2 years later~

From the moment Virgil was taken away from his father, he was jumping from foster care to the orphanage. All his past foster carers had abused him so badly that he was left more emotionally unstable than ever. Not only that, he hasnt been to public school for 2 whole years, which seriously damaged his ability to socialise with other kids his age.

He was severely under weight and full of scars and bruises. His eyes no longer held the same happy energy, just sad and gloomy. He hadn't even had a haircut since the day he was taken away.

Today was the day Virgil was being transferred to his next foster care home. This time, his foster carers were two men, a gay couple. Virgil knew what the term gay was, he was pretty familiar with it. His father used to yell at people, who were suspected as gay, horrible slurs and Virgil and his mother would have to apologise to them. His mother taught Virgil that it was okay to love whoever you please and to respect those who love people of the same gender as them.

"Virgil, it's time to go." a lady said. Virgil broke out of his daze and followed the lady to the car, carrying his things in a broken backpack.

The car ride was boring as usual: trees, more trees, lamp posts, houses and happy children. Virgil didn't like looking at happy families or kids his age because it hurt him too much. The ache for his old family to return was still there, and it hurt more than ever.

.....

"Heya kiddo, you're here at your new foster care home!" a man's voice rang. Virgil's eyes fluttered open. He found himself curled up on a fluffy, white chair, hugging his bag and his shoes in the corner. "Logan! Look! He's up!" the cheery man squealed, "wait here kiddo, let me go get Logan, he seems to be a bit busy. I'll be back in a split!"

Virgil watched the happy man skip away to look for his husband. The man was wearing a blue polo shirt with a grey cardigan wrapped around his shoulders like it was a cape. He also had golden rimmed hexagon glasses. He was also wearing some beige trousers and fun socks. Virgil didnt quite grasp the look of his face well since his eyes didnt focus properly til the man left to grab his busy husband.

"Patton, darling, please calm down, you're going to scare him." another voice said. Virgil assumed this was Logan. "and also I dont like running around with a mug because it is dangerous."
"I know, but he's so adorable Logan!" Patton gushed excitedly, "Look there he is!"

Virgil looked up into the couple's eyes. He thought they looked a bit similar, but Logan was wearing a blue necktie with a black polo and his glasses were black and rectangular. Patton also had light brown, slightly curly, hair whereas Logan had dark brown hair with a fringe. "So kiddo, my name is Patton, and this is-" Patton started.
"Logan, nice to meet you, Virgil." Logan finished. Virgil nodded and waved. He didnt really know what to say, since the couple already knew his name and has his file, so they knew about him already. However, he did have an urge to go take a shower and freshen up a bit. Patton looked at Virgil's expression and picked up he was feeling uncomfortable in his clothes. "Oh honey? Do you want to go freshen up?" Patton asked sweetly. Virgil nodded and stood up to go with the jolly man.

....

Once Virgil finished getting clean and changing into some clean clothes, Patton noticed that Virgil's hair was pretty long, it fell to his shoulders. "Hey Kiddo? Do you want a haircut or would you like me to tie your hair up?" Patton suggested. Virgil took a brief moment to think about it. He really did want to get his hair cut a bit since it was always in his eyes, but he never knew that you could tie it up. "...isnt tying hair back for girls?" Virgil asked quietly. Patton let out a little giggle. "No you silly goose! Boys can tie up their hair! Here I'll tie your hair up for now and then maybe next week we can go to the mall and get your hair cut?" Patton replied back. "Wait here, I'll get a hair brush and a hair tie."

A couple minutes later, Virgil's black hair was up and out his face in a small little man bun. "Aw kiddo! You're so adorable!" Patton squeaked. "Logan! Look at him! He kinda looks like child Zuko from Avatar!"
"Yes, you're quite right darling." Logan replied smiling. Virgil was a bit shocked to hear that Patton knew of the show Avatar. "You..you watched Avatar too?" Virgil asked in shock. "That's my favourite TV show!" Virgil smiled happily. Patton laughed happily and suggested they go make some dinner and watch some episodes before bed. Virgil nodded in agreement and felt very excited.

________________

hiya!

it's been a while

sorry i took a while to upload haha i lowkey forgot about the plan i had for this book, but i found it so that's good :)

hopefully I'll be able to make this remake even better than the first book because my god it was really cringey hahaha being 13 was wack (im 16 now btw lmaoo)

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :))