Chapter 6

Wendy's pov:

Peter wanted to give my something. Why didn't he just give it to me before?

"He handed me this." My father held out an envelope. My eyes lowered to my dad's hand,the small, flat envelope, just waiting to be opened.

"I assume its a letter." He said, with slight annoyance in his voice. I went to take the letter but my dad just pulled away and grinned. 

"Uh-uh. Your not getting this letter until I feel like it." This immediately made me furious.

"But Dad-" I protested. I couldn't wait to see what Peter wrote to me. My curiosity inflaming.

"Why should I? Tell me. Who is this boy?" 

I rolled my eyes. My dad was so annoying.

"I met him today. He's name is Peter and he's new to school. He's helping me with a case." 

I saw my dad's eyebrows raise. "What case?"

"That's what I was telling mum, until you barged in, asking a thousand questions." 

"That doesn't answer my question. What case?" He repeated.

I sighed. "I'm doing a report on the lost boys story." I said quietly, knowing that it would only make my parents upset.

They were silent. 

"Wendy. This case is serious.Your brothers are missing-"

"I know. That's exactly why I want to do it.  Now can I please have the letter?"

My dad eyed me and then my mother, who just sat there quietly the whole time.

" Only if you read the letter right here, right now." 

"Dad! that's invasion of privacy."

"Do you want the letter?" He held it out. I went to grab it once more, and he pulled back.

"Only if you read in front of your mother and I." 

I groaned.

"Fine."