Chapter 9

Peter's pov ~

"No! It says 'staircase'." Wendy face palmed. I was trying to read her notes on the lost boy story and I don't think I've ever read messier writting! It was the fancy, cursive writting that would have been perfect for Christmas cards. 

"I'm sorry but your writting is so fancy. Like, look at your y's." I pointed to the y on 'boys.' I could see her immediatley stand on her toes and look over my shoulder. We were so close,I could feel her hot breath. After a moment of silence, she broke it with her adorable giggle.

"Your right. My writting is a mess!." She started walking again, no longer so close to me, just next to me. 

"I never said it was messy. Its just fancy."

She shook her head with a laugh.

"Same thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wendy's pov ~

Once Peter and I reached my house, he walked further into the dining room. I pulled him back.

"What are you doing?" I whispered. 

"I should introduce myself to your parents." He said, in his lowest voice.

He was right. Introducing the boy who would be living with us, to my parents, was only the polite thing to do. But I didn't want them to meet him just yet.

"Later. We need to work on the story."

He nodded relucantly and we walked into my room.