Chapter 22

Peter's pov ~

I quickly left camp, running around Neverland. I really started to worry.  Neverland is dangerous and something serious could happen to Wendy. And it would be all my fault. I ran my hands through my hair and let out a sigh. Neverland is very big, but I don't know if it is possible for Wendy to travel to places she's never been, over night.

She could be in the Indian Camp? I shook my head; too far. 

Or Skull Rock? No. Wendy would steer clear from that place. Just by the looks of it.

And then it struck me. Mermaid Lagoon. She told me that she wanted to meet the mermaids. I wasn't certain that's where she was, but there was a good chance.

I ran to the lake {Or if you want to be specific, lagoon} and saw Wendy's dress on the soil. I shook my head and dove into the water.

The things this girl will make me do.

Wendy's pov ~

I was alone in the cove, my mind boggling with a new thought every second. My wrists were still tied to the ocean wall with seaweed. I sighed. Being a mermaid seemed magical and all, but I know the truth. Being a mermaid isn't all fun and games. You have to be ruthless and vicious. You show no mercy to your victims and do whatever is needed to survive. I thought I was ruthless. That's why I choose this case. I thought I could do it, but look where it got me; chained to ocean wall! 

I was heartbroken. I don't know if the what that mermaid said was true, but it sure did make sense; I needed to see Peter. I needed the truth and I needed it from him. That mermaid was so sure about him. Her argument seemed to - personal. I don't know what Peter did to her but she hated him.Thats for sure. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard her call.

"Wendy-Bird!" She sang, swimming to me.

"Hi," I said, with clear hesitation. Wait. Wendy-Bird? That's what my brothers call me. Oh, and Bae. How would she know that?

"Have you decided yet?" She played with her long hair while waiting for me.

"Yeah, um, that's the thing."

She dropped her hair abruptly and looked at me. "Whats, the thing?" She said slowly.

I needed to play with my words. "Being a mermaid seems peachy and all but, I have a family to be with. In England. My home."

"Have you not been listening to me? There is no escaping Neverland. Why do you think its called Neverland?  Because you never leave! Wether you live up on the surface or down in the ocean, you must stay. Its just how things work here."

"Hasn't anyone tried to leave?" I asked.

"He doesn't allow it. If anyone ever asked, he would laugh in their face."

I just found my passage way out. "He listen's to me. I can ask him."

She rolled her eyes. "Still so naive. Why do I bother? Fine. Give yourself to the demon." She turned her back on me and magically released the seaweed chains. I immediately swam in front of her.

"Thank you." I smiled and quickly swam out of the cove but felt her hold on me. I suddenly got nervous. "Good luck." She grinned and swam below. I smiled to myself. She wasn't so bad after all.