Chapter 8

Wendy's pov ~

I quickly got up and I went to school. My mum looked at me like I was crazy.

"Why are you rushing to get to school?" She asked, with a confused look.

"I, uh, need to be early to speak to Mr Jones." In all honesty, I just wanted to see Peter. I hope he likes the idea of staying with my family and I. 

"Oh okay." My mum looked at the oven clock.

"Well you better hurry. School starts soon." She stated.

"Oh yeah. Bye mum." I kissed her goodbye and headed to school.

~

I walked through the school gates and walked to the locker room. I immediately saw Peter, leaning up against, what I assume was he's locker, and he was scrolling through his phone. I made my way to him.

"Hey." I smiled.

He looked up at me.

"Oh, hey Wendy." He immediately smiled but soon frowned.

"Whats wrong?" I asked,  with a worried tone.

"Did you get my letter?" 

I nodded and smiled. 

"Yes! That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

He looked slightly confused.

"What is it?"

"Instead of moving, you can live with me!  And my parents of course."

I  saw Peter's face light up, like a kid on Christmas day. He's smile was so adorable.

"You would- you would do that for me?"

"Of course. You're my friend." 

"I don't know what to say." He grinned. He soon wrapped his arms around me and engulfed me in a hug. I was a bit shocked but I hugged him back. The hug lasted awhile until he pulled away. 

"Its nothing, really." I blushed.

"What did your parents say?" 

"They were fine with it. They wanted to help you out." That wasn't the complete truth but what he doesn't know won't hurt him, right?

"I'll have to thank them." He started walking out of the locker room and I followed him.

"And you didn't really think that I would let you off the case that easy?" I joked.

He laughed and nudged me.