Chapter 12

Wendy's pov ~

Peter and I walked back to school to test the students and the teachers. We only got one match, and to be honest, I was shocked. We took him out of class and met him in the reporting room.

"So, we got all the DNA testing results." I said.

"Oh good. Who's was it?" Felix asked, completely naive to his situation.

"It- it was yours." I looked up at him. 

"What? How could it be me? I didn't do it!"

"The evidence says different." Peter cut in.

Felix just glared at him. 

"Wendy, you know me. I might act up in class sometimes, but nothing this serious. Bae was my friend." 

I stayed silent in thought. Felix is right. This doesn't sound like him. 

"Peter, are you sure that the machine was right?"

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Wendy, of course it's right. He's clearing lying." 

I could straight away see, Felix's blood boil.

"It was you, wasn't? I bet you framed it on me." 

Peter held his arms up in defense. 

"I don't have any reason to frame you."

"I don't know. Maybe your covering for someone. Maybe even yourself."

Peter gritted his teeth, ready for a comeback.

"Boys, stop!" I whisper-yelled.

"I'm sorry Felix but for now, you're the suspect. I don't want to believe it, but for now, it's the only evidence we've got."

Felix sighed. "I understand." 

I saw a slight smirk appear on Peter's face as he watched Felix walk off.

~

We arrived back at my house and sat against my wall. Peter did the same. 

"I can't believe it was Felix." I muttered in shock.

Peter shrugged. "He was annoyingly stubborn."

"Well, you didn't have to egg him on." I said, frustrated. I was starting to believe what Felix said.

"I didn't mean to but he was blaming it on me!  I'm working on the case. He can't just make an accusation like that." He pouted.

I stayed silent and didn't look at Peter, knowing if I did, I would crumble.

He sighed. "Wendy, I'm sorry."

I turn to look at him and notice our faces, inches apart. He's eyes looked into mine as he placed his hand on my check. We both lent in and I soon felt his lips on mine. His lips were soft and gentle as our lips moved in sync. The kiss was slow and sweet, sending shivers run up my body.