Chapter 7

Wendy's pov ~

I took the letter out of my fathers hands and immediatley opened the envelope, full of curiousity. I held  the letter in my hand and started reading it.

To Wendy,"

"Read it out loud!" My father's yell echoed through the house.

I sighed.

"To Wendy,

I'm sorry to say but I can't  help you with the case anymore. It's a long story but let's just say, I can't live here anymore. I'm going to be moving back to my hometown, tomorrow afternoon. I'll see  you tomorrow  at school and I'll tell you more about it then.I'm sorry again.

From Peter."

I felt as though my heartbroke. I know thats stupid  because I just met the guy but I felt like we had a connection. And I felt like I actually might of had a chance with this case if he helped me.

My father smiled.

"Thank you Wendy,for telling me the best news I've heard all day."

I just glared at him.

"What do you mean 'best  news I've heard all day'?! Didn't just you here that my friend is going to be homeless? Dad we have to help him." 

He rolled his eyes.

"Wendy, I don't see any point in that. That whats he's family for."

Thats when it dawned on me. Peter doesn't have a family. When we were walking together and when our family was brought up, he looked unconfortable. I quickly changed the subject, but I never really thought about it.

"Dad, Peter doesn't have a family! He has nowhere to go. Can't we help him?" I pleaded

"What, like, invite him to our home and let him stay?" He said with sarcasm.

"That's a great idea!'

"Mary, tell our daughter she isn't thinking straight." 

I turned to my mum. She was silent in thought.

'George. If he doesn't have a home..."

My father groaned.

"Your not serious?!"

After a bit of squabbling between the three of us, my mum and I won.

"Thank you dad." I hugged him. I understood why he wouldn't want to help and the fact that he did. Was a big thing. I pulled a way and thanked mum as well.

After that , I rang Tiger Lily and told her about everything. She was defintley taking things too far. Soon after I went to bed and awaited morning.