Chapter 17

Peter's pov ~

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue." Wendy spoke as she glided to me, shoulder to shoulder wth Bae. I'm not stupid. I know Bae has feelings for Wendy. I don't know how she feels about him but I'm sure as hell going to fight for her. 

"No. Just surprised as the two of you reunited."  I could see Wendy's confusion in her eyes.

"What's that meant to mean?'

I shrugged. "Whatever you percieve it to be." 

"Peter!" The whiny voice of a younger boy snapped me back into reality as I was admiring Wendy's crooked smile as she talked to her brothers.

"Yes...Thomas." I looked down at the younger boy.

"You promised that when you got back you would take us to targert practice." 

I threw my head back in thought.

"Indeed I did. So lets go." I could see the excitement on his face grow. 

~~~~~~~~~~

We walked further into the thicker parts of the forest. This is where the boys and I usually held targert pratice. But today was different.  I stood in front of the tree and got everyone's attention.

"Now, I know I've been gone for awhile but we all know how targert practice works.Your aim is to shoot the arrow onto the tree.  Preferrably the middle. First up is..." I scanned the group of boys and saw "Wendy." 

She turned to me. "Me? Peter I don't-"

"Sure you do. You'll be fine." I materialised a bow an arrow from my magic. Green smoke appeared and turned into a bow and arrow. Wendy's expression chaged immeditaly, her eyes widening. I chuckled slightly.

I placed the bow in her hands and as she stepped forward, I took a step back, I watched her,clueless. She had no idea how to postion the bow. i laughed to myself and walked towards her. I placed my hands on hers, postioning her arms correctly. Her body tensed with every move. I slowly pulled my arms away, but still stood close. "Go." I whispered into her ear.

I saw her take a nervous breath, the icy air shaping it. She pulled back and shot. The arrow hit the tree, straight in the middle. She spun her body around and she had a huge grin. I smiled at her and my stomach churned with butterflies. The good kind.

"You did it!" 

She nodded rapidly and grabbed the arrow from the tree. She came charging at me, making me think she was going to stab me. She just giggled.

"As if I would ever do that to you." She threw her arms around me. I wrapped my arms around  her, holding her close.