CHAPTER 18: All I Want For Christmas Is You!!

A few months later.....

SALLY

        I don't know or more like, can't believe what has happened or what Ruth has told me.

        Yes, I was upset at the fact that she knew about Jack's plan all along and never told me. And yes I was upset with all the other things. But what made me the most upset, was that she was right. I could never love anyone else as much as I love him. Sure he put me through hell a few times, and Jason once. But, I don't know. It's been almost one year since he not just came back into my life as well as Jason's, but also since Jason and I were taken by Chase and since Jack faked his death.

        It was now close to the time, Ruth had told me that Jack would be able to return and start his new life with us with his new identity.

       Sure he has tried multiple times to call and try and stay in contact, though I was still upset with him, I still let him talk to Jason, who was extremely excited to see Jack. Or, Ben, as his new name was.

        It was getting close to around Christmas time and Christmas, as well as Halloween, was big in our small town. However, Christmas was always the biggest as we always went all out.

         We were preparing our Christmas Festival as we had always and this year, thanks to Jack, or I mean Ben, since we had extra money to go real big this year.

         Ruth was having a booth of her own of of coarse, baked goods and was dressed as Mrs. Clause, while Jason dressed up as an elf and I just wore a red dress with my hair curled and there were a few Santa's walking around and passing candy as well as little toys out to kids.

        Ben was supposed to be here. But, looks like he backed out. Or maybe it was another lie.

        Which I wasn't surprised and it didn't affect me as much as I know it affected Jason, though he was luckily too busy playing games and running around with his friends to even remember that his dad wasn't here.

        While Jason went over to one of those big inflatable slides, I went across the way a little towards Ruth's booth.

         "Hey, Ruth." I said with a smile.

         "Hey sweetie. You look beautiful." She smiles.

         "Thanks. So do you, Mrs. Clause." I chuckled a little.

         "thank you Doll. Having fun?" Ruth asks me.

         "Yeah. We're having a great time. In fact, Jason is up on the inflatable slide there." I said while pointing behind me.

         To which Ruth looks at and smiles. "So any signs of Ben?" She asks.

         "No and he hasn't returned my messages and hasn't called so." I say while pretending not to be upset.

         "I'm sure he's on his way." She says.

        "It doesn't matter Ruth. I doubt he's coming. And maybe it's for the better."

        "Oh sweetie, come off it. Stop pretending that you don't want to see him and give him another chance and like you wouldn't be excited if you saw him." Ruth says while handing me two hot chocolates.

        "Ruth, unless you know something that I don't, I can feel and think however I want to. If he wants to be here, like he promised Jason, then he'll be here. And if not, then fine. But I sure as hell am not going to wait another few years." I say while trying not to  cry or get too upset and cause a scene.