Chapter Four. -The Pendant.-

I don't own Merlin. :'( Whyyyyy!?

I don't know if Uther is dead or not...But I'm just skipping to the time after Morgana goes silent and Morgause is dead. Agravaine is gone. Uther is dead. But I want Merlin to be 24 Summers old. Also if Mordred is supposed to be in this than sorry but he's not now. I love Mordred...but there are so many people and i fear he would be left out...also...I AM SO SOOOOOO SORRY FOR CHANGING EVERYTHING SOOOOO MUCH!:'(. PLEASE FORGIVE ME???????? I AM HORRIBLE AT THE TIME/SEASONS/AGES/ MORE WITH MERLIN!)

Four years later.
Merlin woke early this morning. He stepped out of his room just as Gaius was about to wake him up.

"Morning Gaius." He chirped happily. Today was Merlin's birthday. He was 24 summers old now. Even though he was happy, Merlin felt strangley sad today as well. He felt as though today was a reminder of something tragic. But for now he just shook it off, wanting to enjoy his day.

"Well, aren't you happy today Merlin. Happy birthday, my boy!" Gaius handed him a pendant with a crest on it. Merlin looked down at the strangely familiar necklace.

"Is this a royal crest? Why are you giving it to me?" Merlin questioned Gaius. He couldn't shake the feeling that he had worn it before...it felt comforting to him and he had no clue why...

"You will know soon enough." Was all Gaius said.

Merlin put the pendant around his head, hiding it under his neckerchief.

"Well, thanks Gaius. I better go before king prat wakes up himself." Merlin laughed it off, knowing that was all he would get out of the old man.

On the way to the kitchens to get Arthur's breakfast, Merlin couldn't take his eyes off of the necklace.

The crest on the Pendant was a circular shape. It was a striking Gold colour with a Turquoise Dragon curled in a ball, filling up the golden cirlcle.

On the back of the Pendent, there were engravings on it. Merlin didn't know how he could understand the foreign writing but he did.

ièt mæni wÿ alíêtulr, tynæ wùr aiè mågic îdyrètu üs...

- Amiphire.

When Merlin read it, he knew what it meant straight away.

It is important to remember, that we all have magic inside us...

- Amiphire. (I don't own this quote! It's from J.K Rowling...?)
Merlin wondered who this Amiphire was...but he didn't have long to think because Suddenly Merlin smashed into someone! He quickly tucked his Pendant away and looked up. Merlin then looked up at the black haired drunk.

"Sorry Gwaine, I wasn't watching where I was going." Merlin apologized, stepping out of his way.

"It's all cool mate." Gwaine replied, eyeing the peice of string going under his neckerchief.

He had seen Merlin shove something away before he looked up, but for now he just shrugged it off.

Gwaine continued walking. Merlin was nervous about anyone knowing about the pendant he was given.

Again, he didn't know why, But he was protective of it.

Oh, no! Merlin thought, panicked. I've passed the kitchens! I am sooo late!

Merlin ran back down the hall, into the kitchen, grabbing the kings food, before carefully sprinting towards Arthur's chambers.

He opened the door quietly, hoping Arthur hadn't already woken up.

But to no avail. "Merlin!" Arthur shouted, struggling to put his shirt on. He was looking at his manservant through a sleeve hole. "What took you so long?!" He demanded.

Merlin gulped, "Uh, well the cooks and I were preparing a special breakfast for you this morning!" He lied, nerveously. He didn't fully lie. He had dropped a few peices of meat in the halls by accident when he was running. He shrugged, 'oops.' He thought, sarcastically.

"And why were you doing that?!" Arthur demanded, while Merlin put his food down to help put his cloths on properly.

"B-because...we need you to lose some weight! Don't need a fat king, now do we?" Merlin ranted, laughing.
"Merlin! I am not fat!" Arthur sat down, gapping at his food. "There's no meat!" He exclaimed.

"See? Its working! Your new diet!" Merin said with a cheeky grin on his face.

Arthur let out a frustrated growl towards his manservant, throwing a goblet at him.

Merlin ducked instinctively, as he was used to it.

Merlin rushed over to Arthur with a schedule in hand, changing the subject,  "Well, anyway sire, " Merlin hinted sarcastically, "You haven't got much to do today! First training with the nights! Then a meeting with some foreign nights who seek your audience! Then the rest of the day is for you to choose what to do! Well, lets chop to it then!" He rushed.
******************************
Merlin stood in the corner of the training grounds, observing the Knight's swords clanging together as they fought.

Subconsciously he started fiddling with his Pendant. Turning it around and grazing his fingers over the engravings.

He suddenly felt dizzy...just as he read the engravings one more time...

"Merlin! It's a pleasure to see you, young one." The dragon said, upon seeing the young boy.

"We're the same age Amiphire. There's no need to call me 'young one'" Merlin laughed to the black and blue dragon.

Amiphire let out a laugh. She then pointed to something on a rock nearby.

"Take this. It's my birthday present to you. Happy tenth birthday, Emrys." She grabbed the gift off of the rock and dropped it in Merlin's hands.

"Thank you." Merlin replied, putting the golden pendant around his neck. "It's beautiful."
*******************************

Merlin gasped as amour was thrown at him. Arthur walked towards him, along with the other nights. "Merlin clean my Armour!"

Merlin sighed, taking Arthur's armour to the armory.(sorry mind blank. Forgot how to spell that.) Merlin's mind was filled with confused thoughts.

What was that? A memory? A vision? He sighed knowing he'd better get his chores done unless he wants to end up in the stocks again.

He used his magic to scrub it clean, before leaving it in Arthur's room.

Merlin walked towards the throne room, hoping he wasn't too late to be noticed.

He quietly opened the door, slipping next to Gaius just as the foreign knights walked in.

When Merlin looked at them, a feeling of familiarity fell over him. They had dark blue capes, with a special crest on them. It didn't take long for Merlin to realize that it was the same crest embedded on his Pendant.

Hey my gorgeous Merlinions! How have you been? I really hope you enjoyed this Chappie!

It did take me awhile to write. Anyway...

IMPORTANT: This book, uh, well the plot has kinda changed...yeah, sorry 'bout that.

But anyway! Enjoy!

~1133 Words.~